Why on Earth do Linkin Park always play guitar dropped a half step down?

I find this when looking for their tabs, and its annoying because I have to tune my guitar down a half step to play THEIR songs, then tune up again to play DIFFERENT ones.
Why do they do this?
You just know he's hiding something awesome under there...
becouse that is tha br00talz and by the laws of physics makes them br00tal metalz.
Playing since december 2004
Quote by BloodMoon666

*sports commentator voice*
And this thread is over!

Wonderful match by TS but in the end simply overwhelmed by the pure skill and simplicity of unfluffed. A true professional in action.
makes it easier to sing with
amps
Vox Ac 30 (main)
Fender Supersonic with Krank Krankenstien 4x12
OR 50 with 4 x 12
Gassing for ibanes airplane flanger
If you have a second guitar, tune that to Eb permanently.

If not, then just live with it.
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
perhaps the singer sings a semitone lower in THEIR songs than other singers singing DIFFERENT songs/
Member of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Last.fm
What's wrong with half a step down, you can play other songs that are in standard half a step down, it just sounds deeper, it's not exactly life threatening.
An Augmented 4th or a Diminished 5th?

Quote by I.O.T.M
You, fine sir, have impeccable taste.

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
Because they want to make you angsty and listen to their music.

In actual news, because they want to? The lower tuning facilitates vocal ranges better? You could always, I dunno... just play their stuff in standard, unless you're playing along to the actual recorded songs.
Quote by cornmancer
Question 1
Why did Hendrix and SRV do it?
Question 2
Why the hell do listen to/play linkin park songs.

Don't forget GNR, Van Halen, Metallica, and others.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
dude seriously? when they made w/e song they thought of what would sound best, not the trouble it may cause people guitar covering it? boo ****ing hoo, get over it.
Gear:
Aria lawsuit V
epiphone E-310 strat copy
peavey vypyr 15
boss blues driver II
Kramer striker 100st (invader pickup)
Randall RG50tc

EHX Metal Muff
Also, tuning down a step takes some tension off the strings and makes it easier to fret notes, meaning you can play faster. Not that Linkin Park is known for their ability to shred...