Welll I'm done with my current college and going to transfer to another just for the major I'm doing, and I have a ton of books that the school won't buy back for some dumb reasons? What do you guys usually do with them? Just keep them? thanks
LOL
I give them to people who take the class after me, usually ask for half the price, just keep it in a newish condition, so the professor wont be a dick about using a used text book
amps
Vox Ac 30 (main)
Fender Supersonic with Krank Krankenstien 4x12
OR 50 with 4 x 12
Gassing for ibanes airplane flanger
ebay?

seriously my wife use to buy text books all the time thier and got a few good deals
P.R.S SE Custom

Line 6 Vetta combo
No, I mean your current college just stopped using the textbooks period and has moved to another edition, my college has a rep of doing that, if your in spring, better sell the book fast cause then the Fall people taking it get stuck with the book before the new one comes out.
LOL
half.com...its owned by ebay but not an auction, just list it for the price you want (list low and you'll sell it quick)...other colleges will be using the edition
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
I would've traded books for beer!!!

I just sell mine to people taking the course next semester for cheap, our school has a classifeds website for that. I'm keeping most of mine as proof I actually did something in school... haha.
ebay / half.com or recycle...
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
Try amazon and stuff.

I've got a few left over that the school quit using.

And whoever said to keep the book in newish condition.. Why would a professor care if you use a used book? Most of my professors encourage us and even check older editions to see what is usable.
Quote by brandonian
you nose started bleeding, so the first thing you do is post it on UG? i don't understand the reasoning behind that one my friend

Quote by unplugtheradio
screw grammar i practice economic typing.
i have a book fight with my roomate obviously
GO Islanders!

J!E!T!S! JETS JETS JETS!!!!!
sell them to other kids that go to your college and need them

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
A lifetime supply of filter for my joints
Quote by no_username
^wow, i like hotpunksk8rgirl more than i like you.

Quote by @zzasin
Go to hell Mr. Oven

Quote by bigwillie
You're risking a flaming at the hands of ovarian oven.
Well, around here there is a used books store that will buy them back.

You can also buy your textbooks from there for much cheaper than you normally would.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
college bookstores are the biggest scam ever. you're lucky if you get half what you paid for back (the more books they buyback, the lower the buyback price goes) and as TS says, they change editions every year to year and a half so alot of the time they dont even buy them.

usually i just keep them especially if its something that i could use for reference later. any novel type book i dont even try to sell back. id rather have another book to add to my library than sell it for $3-5.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
Blend them and consume.

Sell them on ebay, I'm sure other students wouldn't mind some second hand books at a reduced price.
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
Considering all my text books are art history and I find it really interesting, I keep them and read them. Being stuck with a math book would blow, though.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
I've just become friends with a couple of guys a year younger than me from my hometown and I sell them all my books when I'm done with them

edit: though I have a 700 page "Introduction to electromagnetics" that I can't bring myself to sell for some crazy reason
Last edited by seljer at Jul 31, 2009,