Hi, going to France tomorrow and had intended on getting an AM radio to follow the cricket whilst we're over there, however, I have doubts if it will get the signal. My only reasoning that suggests it will is because my amp sometimes picks up Japanese radio

Anyone know for sure if it will work over there?

Cheers
Quote by tubetime86

Nothing compliments a Gibson Les Paul Custom quite like a Fender Frontman 15R

Can you not just go on the BBC website/other website?
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
You should get Radio 4 LW I would imagine...

If not, you'll at least get BBC World Service, which also has the cricket commentary I believe.
:d
Founder Of The "Jimmy Page Stole All Of My Potential Riffs" Club PM To Join!.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Meh, I usually just buy them off the local shaman, unless I'm in the wilderness, where I rely on raw meat to raise my HP.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
Radio works by broadcasting signals to a certain area

use the internet like the rest of the world

you can actually listen to distant short/medium wave radio transmissions from well over the horizon because they bounce off the ionosphere, this is effect is much more prominent at night
Quote by britishsligean
use the web, you can probably get it off the bbc website or skysports

though the BBC are often bastards that don't let foreign IP addresses access the streaming content because we don't pay for TV liscences
Quote by seljer
you can actually listen to distant short/medium wave radio transmissions from well over the horizon because they bounce off the ionosphere, this is effect is much more prominent at night

though the BBC are often bastards that don't let foreign IP addresses access the streaming content because we don't pay for TV liscences

the only problem you will have is you can not view the iplayer i know because i tried to watch glasto highlights on it and it wouldn't let me because i live in ireland although i get their channels, you will get the radio channels alright
Quote by seljer

but he'll still be able to keep track of the scores unless you can't access any of the sports news pages.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Only if you take the UK with you.
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
Quote by el-ECTRO
Pack yer bags!
Quote by el-ECTRO

You can get stuffed if you think I'm going to France
We're going to a Villa where there won't be any computers available, even if there is an internet connection. So, unfortunately, that's not an option :S
Quote by tubetime86

Quote by Stearner
We're going to a Villa where there won't be any computers available, even if there is an internet connection. So, unfortunately, that's not an option :S

Just take it anyway and try the world service.
As I said, you'll probably be able to get Radio 4 LW in France (198 KHz).

I think they also have Test Match Special on World Service (not a clue what freq. that is though)...

Although, thinking about it, it might be Radio 4 that joins World Service for the shipping forecast...
Quote by urbanfox
As I said, you'll probably be able to get Radio 4 LW in France (198 KHz).

I think they also have Test Match Special on World Service (not a clue what freq. that is though)...

Although, thinking about it, it might be Radio 4 that joins World Service for the shipping forecast...

Shipping forecast ftw.
Ok, thanks guys.. so this "World Special" thing is available on any AM radio? Sorry, radios are not my forte :P
Quote by tubetime86

Yes... A radio is a radio is a radio, no matter where in the world you are.

Everywhere uses radio waves for its radio broadcasts, not just the UK

Not sure what frequency World Service is on, but I assume its on Long Wave considering everywhere in the world gets it.
Ok, cheers
Quote by tubetime86