Hi,

I need a good cheap cable. Since I'm a kid I don't get much money, right now I have around 40 but I'm trying to make a budget of 30 so I can get something else too.

I was looking around on Guitar Center (not trusting the reviews) at some cables. If anyone has any suggestions for a cable,please let me know. Probably around a 10 foot cable would do fine.

Also, I need a new cable because my First Act piece of crap cable stopped working. It had no noise but you can't walk around with it, and you have to sit a very specific way in order to make it work. It was fine before I got a Boss DS-1, so I probably won't use that pedal anymore.

If anyone is wondering, my guitar is a Squier Stratocaster. I tried my Les Paul, my Kane, and my Strat to that cable. The guitars are perfectly fine. The cable definitely is not.

Thanks so much,
Matt
Okay I doubt you pedal killed the cable unless you put it in really weird, it was a First Act cable, those are garbage. But for 30 there are plenty of cables you could get at Guitar Center, and the reviews mean nothing really, just find one thats in your budget and get that, for $30 I really doubt you'd end up with something bad.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Monster
Live Wire
Planet Waves

Really, anything should beat that first act crap cable.

REmember, a cheap cable is just going to go out on you like the cable you have now. $30 should get you a monster cable and they have lifetime warranties. AS long as you don't put a blade to it, or a flamethrower for that matter.
Live Wire Advantage from Guitar center the orange lable ...18.6 feet for $19.99 USD also lifetime guarantee...they also have smaller sizes for like a buck more than the feet (i.e. 10 ft cost like $11)
Quote by MetalHead916
Monster
REmember, a cheap cable is just going to go out on you like the cable you have now. $30 should get you a monster cable and they have lifetime warranties. AS long as you don't put a blade to it, or a flamethrower for that matter.

i did not know monsters had warranty...i broke mine and got a live wire
Maybe you should go up to $40, all the good 10 foot cables are $40. I use Planet Waves Custom Pro's.
Lets jump in a pool

just get any 30$ cable, you don't need to spend more than that, even 15$ would be enough, I mean your just jammin' in your room, you don't need anything high quality
12 foot Monsters are like $14.99 USD. That's what I plan on getting since pretty much all my cables died.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Wow... lots of replies in 15 minutes... so here are the replies to those replies in no particular order...

Quote by MetalHead916

I take it you learned that from experience?

just get any 30$ cable, you don't need to spend more than that, even 15$ would be enough, I mean your just jammin' in your room, you don't need anything high quality

Yeah, especially since I primarily use drums. I probably should get a pack instead. But at the same time I don't want static. One of my guitars already has static in it and it's annoying as hell.

Maybe you should go up to $40, all the good 10 foot cables are $40. I use Planet Waves Custom Pro's.

Like I said, I'm trying to get something else along with the cable, or use the leftover 10 to save up for an amp. Unlike most people 10 dollars is really important to me. That's half a lawn mowed.

Live Wire Advantage from Guitar center the orange lable ...18.6 feet for $19.99 USD also lifetime guarantee...they also have smaller sizes for like a buck more than the feet (i.e. 10 ft cost like $11)
That was the one I was looking at.

Okay I doubt you pedal killed the cable unless you put it in really weird, it was a First Act cable, those are garbage. But for 30 there are plenty of cables you could get at Guitar Center, and the reviews mean nothing really, just find one thats in your budget and get that, for $30 I really doubt you'd end up with something bad.

Yeah, I agree with you. I doubt it killed it but one night I left it on and the battery seemed hot. There's a little burn mark on the end of both the cables I used.

12 foot Monsters are like $14.99 USD. That's what I plan on getting since pretty much all my cables died.

Yeah. I'm going to look at the GC website right now for one of those.

Thank you everyone for your support and whatnot.
Last edited by DisasterMatt at Jul 31, 2009,
Okay then go with that Livewire, it'll get the job done.
Lets jump in a pool

Quote by I am wet
Okay then go with that Livewire, it'll get the job done.

Yeah, it looks like a pretty decent cable. I think my uncle (who is a proffessional musician) has one of those. Not sure though.

Actually, he might have a spare one sitting around (like that pedal he gave me) and give one to me. you never know.

and i forgot to respond to this..

What currency?

Doesn't really matter
When I got my first guitar I went to GC to and bought my a 12ft monster cable and a few years later its still my best cable on top of that it was dirt cheap.
"Guitars are toys for me, too much fun all the time."-Paul Gilbert

Gear:
Homemade Mahogany Guitar with SD humbuckers
Carvin Legacy VL100 Head
Carvin Legacy 2x12 Cab with V30s
Line 6 Pod X3
Quote by DisasterMatt
Unlike most people 10 dollars is really important to me. That's half a lawn mowed.

Seriously, I'll mow all your lawns for $15 and give you the remaining $5! Unless your lawns are football fields
Quote by DisasterMatt
Wow... lots of replies in 15 minutes... so here are the replies to those replies in no particular order...

I take it you learned that from experience?

Unlike most people 10 dollars is really important to me. That's half a lawn mowed.

Nah, I just figured

And damn, some of my buddies still mow lawns and they get only $5 for a full one. Back in the day all I got was a pat on the back and a job well done for my efforts
Quote by Nolan4
When I got my first guitar I went to GC to and bought my a 12ft monster cable and a few years later its still my best cable on top of that it was dirt cheap.

Kewl.

And damn, some of my buddies still mow lawns and they get only $5 for a full one. Back in the day all I got was a pat on the back and a job well done for my efforts

The lawns in my neighborhood are pretty big. My dad's is about 2 acres, mom's is about 1.

EVERYONE: PLEASE TELL ME IF THIS IS A GOOD/DECENT CABLE/PRICE (Getting the 12ft if it is)
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Monster-Cable-S-100-1-4--Straight---Angled-Instrument-Cable-102469707-i1128536.gc

Thanks
Quote by Sguit
^yup, that will be perfect

Thanks. I'm actually gonna get the 21 since it's not available in my store.

BUT: I still need help you guys! I need another... maybe 3 foot cable that's cheap and works good. Probably a 10 dollar budget.

EDIT: Or maybe just a pack with 2 of them, but they have to be good and total price preferably under 35 bucks.
I have dimarzio cables... they have lasted years now compared to the cheap bargain cables which lasted 6 months or so.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by nebiru
I have dimarzio cables... they have lasted years now compared to the cheap bargain cables which lasted 6 months or so.

They seem at more bucks per foot compared to the monsters. Plus the monsters have been the most popular on this thread. But they do look like decent cables nevertheless.