Poll: What was your first guitar?
Poll Options
View poll results: What was your first guitar?
The real brand name (i.e Fender, Gibson)
93 23%
The offbrand name (i.e Squier, Epiphone)
163 41%
A cheap knockoff (i.e MINE)
98 25%
An unnamed guitar
8 2%
Something else
35 9%
Voters: 397.
Page 1 of 6
Simple. What was your first guitar?

Mine was a Kane electric. Wal-Mart brand. Got it for Christmas. It had one humbucker, and I thought it was the best guitar ever until I picked up my uncle's Strat. Then I thought it was terrible. I still have that one.
EDIT: Oh yeah, and it was a strat knockoff. I drew all over it before I got my real strat.

My first BRAND NAME guitar was an Epiphone Les Paul Special II. It was amazing until one day the jack fell in to the guitar. We had to get it out, and then the wires fell off of it. Then we had to resolder it to the wires. Now it's extremely staticy. If I used it at a gig people would beg for mercy.
Last edited by DisasterMatt at Jul 31, 2009,
Fender Starcaster
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
an acoustic with two strings.
then some strat knock off.
then my strat.
then an epi les paul as a back up.
then my uncle gave me his old gibby.
now i have a few guitars.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
classical that we pulled from our neighbors garbage...
mah rig:
1986 guild t-250 (telecaster)
epi zakk wylde lp(81/85)
modded crybaby
vypyr 30
metal zone mt-1
ibanez ts808
*points at sig*

Edit: Actually, my first guitar was a Classical guitar, a Valencia CG-140, has 7 years and still plays very good for a 60€ guitar
Gear:
Yamaha Pacifica 112VCX - Vintage white w/ red tort pickguard
Blackheart Handsome Devil
Vox DA5 Classic
Valencia C-60 Classical
Last edited by Boiller at Jul 31, 2009,
Squier Showmaster.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by KreatorRage
A noname SG Copy.

That'd be good enough for me... I love SGs
Ibanez RGR320EX
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
I had a Silvertone Bullet II! Then i got an Epiphone AJ. Then a Squier Standard Telecaster (which I installed a Fender custom shop '51 pick ups, and it sounds beautiful). And my last guitar was a Schecter S-1
B.C. Rich Warbeast One. The pickups in it are worth 5x more than the guitar, but I still love it. Even though all I ever play is my Jackson
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Quote by Koshman32
B.C. Rich Warbeast One. The pickups in it are worth 5x more than the guitar, but I still love it. Even though all I ever play is my Jackson

I kinda want one of those... and wow, those pickups are like $1000?
First Act with one humbucker. wasn't actually that bad. then I got a Lace huntington with Alumitones, then my charvel that I have now, then my Brian Moore, And now I'm considering a classic BC rich at my guitar center or a Parker P-38. or saving and getting an ESP M-II.
Quote by maverick_137
First Act with one humbucker. wasn't actually that bad. then I got a Lace huntington with Alumitones, then my charvel that I have now, then my Brian Moore, And now I'm considering a classic BC rich at my guitar center or a Parker P-38. or saving and getting an ESP M-II.

That reminds me, I actually did have a miniature First Act acoustic when i was like 4. I wont post the pic, it's too embaressing.
My Epi SG Special.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Wow I feel a bit spoiled my cousin gave me his Ibanez art core hollow body which was a nice guitar but it eventually got replaced.
"Guitars are toys for me, too much fun all the time."-Paul Gilbert

Gear:
Homemade Mahogany Guitar with SD humbuckers
Carvin Legacy VL100 Head
Carvin Legacy 2x12 Cab with V30s
Line 6 Pod X3
First act....like two years ago...then practiced till i got to a point I needed a upgrade....and this is my new guitar and rig in my sig.
Gear:

Fractal Axe FX
VHT 2/50/2
Orange 4x12
Voodoo Lab Ground Control Pro

Ibanez RGA 121 w/ Crunchlab and Liquifire
Music Man John Petrucci Mystic Dream
ERG Custom Guitar
London City Spitfire MKII Candy Apple Red. It's a strat copy made in China that cost me about €270.
It has an alder body, maple neck and a maple fretboard. A very good guitar for the money imo. I'd class it between a squier and mim strat.
pic

Then I bought a second-hand Ibanez sa-120 at an auction with a bunch of impounded goods from people who couldn't pay their bills anymore
Very playable neck and versatily. Except I think it sounds crap. The strat copy sounds better imo, even with it's singlecoils.

Then I got a Maverick SF-1 (not the F-1!). There's a (crappy) review of it on UG. But it IS an amazing guitar Even the licensed floyd rose is great, except for the chrome that's oxidizing .
It was priced down from somewhere between €1000-€1100 (the guy in the review paid $1098). I only paid €400 for it and even got a pack of strings Probably because the company went out of business, not that I care Biggest bargain ever
ibanez gax70. served me well for about 3 years. i had no idea what i was doing. haha.
Gear :

Gibson Les Paul Special
Fender Koa Stratocaster
Korg Pitchblack
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby Wah
BBE Boosta Grande
Fulltone OCD v4
EHX Russian Big Muff Pi
Vox Night Train
Egnater Rebel 112x Cab
Marshall Class 5
Quote by JesusCrisp
My Epi SG Special.

i know some one that has one of those but it sounds bad when he plays it but he sucks so is that guitar bad or is it just him
Ibanez SA120. Great guitar.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
LP Special II.... I sold it for $100 bucks so i could buy a hardcase for my G400
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by JayT44
LP Special II.... I sold it for $100 bucks so i could buy a hardcase for my G400

Don't feel bad... mine's terrible...

Wow, you people have some nice brand name guitars. I got the wal-mart brand. D:

By the way, if you have pics you guys, post em!
i've got pictures of mine in pieces

i haven't touched it in so long and it doesn't have any pickups or pots or anything in it.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by mikeyElite
i've got pictures of mine in pieces

i haven't touched it in so long and it doesn't have any pickups or pots or anything in it.

wow.
Quote by mikeyElite
not really pieces, more like parts i guess

someone wanted specific pictures of it a while ago so i made this gallery,

http://img267.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=squierpics123678013.jpg

Well SOMEONE did an around the world with it...

If you got some extra cash you should make that into a project. Maybe buy a fender neck just so it doesn't have to say squier.

Quote by 667
A Spalding tennis racket.

Those things are amazing. I broke all the strings on mine because someone threw a ball at it. He still never repaid me...
Last edited by DisasterMatt at Jul 31, 2009,
i've been thinking about projecting it for so long (years) but i just never got around to it. too many other things to spend my money on
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
Fender Starcaster

Same. -.-
Musicians I Want To See Live

Metallica
Avenged Sevenfold
RHCP
Machine Head
Five Finger Death Punch
Joe Satriani/Chickenfoot
Slipknot

To Be Continued . . .
Well I used an old 84 fender MIJ strat at first then when I realized I would keep playing for as long as I physically could I just figured I would invest in something I always wanted so I went out and got a gibson les paul classic. People gave me **** for buying that when I was a beginner but I don't regret one second of owning it. Hell it's my money I'll spend it how I want. If I didn't spend 2k on a guitar I probably would have spent that same money on some new car parts.

This
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Ion guitar and amp pack...oh man....no chromatic tuner with it though...just an "ear" tuner.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by kylendm

This

I like Ibanezes. I'd rather have one than my Squier, but a little bit out of my price range right now.

Ion guitar and amp pack...oh man....no chromatic tuner with it though...just an "ear" tuner.

God gave me 2 of those tuners. Lol

Yeah guitar packs suck. They probably figure out which guitars go in by which ones sound the worst at the factory.

Just a theory.
Quote by DisasterMatt
I kinda want one of those... and wow, those pickups are like $1000?

Haha no I wish. They're just the EMG 81/85 set. But when I tried selling it to my guitar store when I bought my Jackson, they said the guitar was only worth $60 used (paid $300 off eBay)
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings