this is the head I just got:

http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Acoustic-B200H-200w-Bass-Head?sku=482904

i'm not sure what each nob for the six-band eq does, can someone help me out?

thanks!
w/o bass n drums, there wouldn't really be rock music.

Schecter is pronounced 'Shek-ter', right? I don't want to walk in and say, "Hey, can I try out that Sketcher?" and have the helper reply with "Wtf, we don't sell shoes!"
Last edited by basser4ever123 at Jul 31, 2009,
Why man why???

Anyways, there different frequency boost and cut controls.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by fatgoogle
Why man why???

Anyways, there different frequency boost and cut controls.

you ask why?

anyway, that really doesn't help

Schecter is pronounced 'Shek-ter', right? I don't want to walk in and say, "Hey, can I try out that Sketcher?" and have the helper reply with "Wtf, we don't sell shoes!"
Why not, its exactly what they do. They cut and boost frequencies. If you look over each knob, youll see which frequency.

And a 200 watt halfstack seems a bit useless to me thats all.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
so the higher the number, the higher the frequency? when I have it at 12 o'clock nothing is being boosted or cut?

well it depends, if at 12 oclock its a 0db or if at 7 ish its at 0db. It should say in the manual.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
I have the combo of that and it took me about 5 minutes to figure it out. Left to right is Low to High frequencies. Turn one up and you'll get more of that frequency. If you turn the knob farthest to the right you're tone will be brighter. The frequency knob took a little longer but just play with it.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
in the manual it says when it's set at 12 o'clock it is at 0db.

bladeslinger should agree

I didn't even read my manual. It's easy if you know how to use any sort of EQ
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
alright...

so each knob could work for each string on the bass. and one of the knobs gives the bass a metal tone.

Last edited by basser4ever123 at Jul 31, 2009,
no. each knob does certrain frequencies...not strings. every note you play is made up of many different frequencies. the main frequency is the note you hear and the other frequencies give each note a certain kind of tone. the entire 6 band eq will help you shape any tone you want. not just one knob.

Didn't fitzy do a thing on EQ'ing? could someone find it and post it for him cuz i don't know if he did it in a thread or a blog or what.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/thefitz/blog/6195_1190888581_next/

there's a link. look for the blog with a title about eq.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
Last edited by Revelation at Jul 31, 2009,
Its in a blog, but be warned its long, and you have to be focused, hes good at writing, but still, its not a quicky.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
alright. i will check it out.

thanks everyone!

If i have more questions, i will post them?

how the hell is it pointless?

Your not getting much power out of a 200 watt head+cab, better off getting a combo, which is cheaper and easier to move. Sure i guess you can slightly better tones but really it's not the best bang for your buck.
My combo is heavy as balls for a little guy like me but more manageable than a stack. Have you never EQ'ed? Surely this isn't your first amp....
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
i needed an upgrade BADLY and this was the best thing i can find. it works for me.

I have had a behringer bxl900 for 4 out of 5 years of my bass playing, i'm sure you can wait it out and save up for something better.
Yea I have the 100W combo Acoustic... I'll try to help with the knobs etc.
on my amp I have High, High-Mid, Low, Low-Mid, Freq., Vol. and Gain.
Starting from the right side going left:
Your first two are either going to cut, or boost those frequencies. If you want more highs, then bring up the knobs on the right and same for the lows.
If you look in the manual you'll find that they suggest settings for different sounds.
Also, to get distortion at low volumes, turn the gain up all the way but keep your volume down. Make sure your bass is all the way up. Then just turn the two low frequency knobs up completely - You'll get a muffled fuzz tone, a very good substitution for the big muff or Muse tones. Also, if you have a distortion pedal keep the highs all the way up then just use the first low knob to dial in as much low end as you want. Then have fun with the freq. knob. Sorry I got carried away.
it's alright.

Quote by Bass First
I have had a behringer bxl900 for 4 out of 5 years of my bass playing, i'm sure you can wait it out and save up for something better.

this head is actually a very good buy. you should hear it

Quote by basser4ever123
alright...

so each knob could work for each string on the bass. and one of the knobs gives the bass a metal tone.

No, each knob refers to a specific frequency band. I could go into much more detail but I don't think its necessary.
Quote by basser4ever123
this head is actually a very good buy. you should hear it

It sounds great!.....but I can't EQ it.

Seriously, great line of amps. Affordable and they offer a great variety of tones. I love the 6 band of a 3 because apparently I'm a low mid *****, I just never knew it.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls