should i go with marshall, orange or maybe laney...
meybe you could recommend something else??

i would like to get a sound like blink 182, simple plan and sometimes something heavier like sum 41...
my budget is like 1400$ max, but i want somethin cheaper like 1200$.
and i live in europe so amps here cost different.
Marshall or Orange would be great, but do you have the budget for it? Where will you be playing, gigs, bedroom, what?

Edit: oh, okay. Get an Orange. You won't regret it. Even if you move on to other genres, it'll still rock them nicely. I say get a head and a 212 cab. Just because.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Delonge used Mesa Triple Rec's and JCM 900's live.

A JCM 900 4100 or it's clone, the Bugera 1990 would be a good way to go.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
i want an amp that could be enough loud for gigs!

Yes, he used a mesa boogie triple rectifier and now uses vox ac30!

Is there a copy of mesa boogie rectifier?
Quote by Sid McCall
Marshall or Orange would be great, but do you have the budget for it? Where will you be playing, gigs, bedroom, what?

Edit: oh, okay. Get an Orange. You won't regret it. Even if you move on to other genres, it'll still rock them nicely. I say get a head and a 212 cab. Just because.

Which head do you recommend.
I guess the dual terror and rocker 30 are in my budget!
Which is better?
I dont want a tiny terror because it has 1 channel, i need a clean sound and a distortion sound.
Definitely the Rocker 30. Get the Orange 212 if you can afford it, I know they're much cheaper over there.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Sid McCall
Definitely the Rocker 30. Get the Orange 212 if you can afford it, I know they're much cheaper over there.

+1

Orange cabs are pretty cheap in Europe.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
i checked out the Orange AD series, they're really good! it has a tube rectifier and mesa boogie triple rectifier and vox ac30 has it too.
so, is there any other amps with rectifiers??
Quote by roker333
i checked out the Orange AD series, they're really good! it has a tube rectifier and mesa boogie triple rectifier and vox ac30 has it too.
so, is there any other amps with rectifiers??

All amps have rectifier
all amps dont have a tube rectifier!
heres orange ad series tubes-
Preamp - 4 X 12AX7, Output 4 X EL84, Rectifier - 1 X GZ34
Quote by roker333
all amps dont have a tube rectifier!
heres orange ad series tubes-
Preamp - 4 X 12AX7, Output 4 X EL84, Rectifier - 1 X GZ34

I know, but you shouldn't worry two much about that at that point. A rectifier doesn't make a huge difference in the sound, at least not as much as the preamp and poweramp. Just go for the rocker 30 really you'll like
Quote by Sguit
I know, but you shouldn't worry two much about that at that point. A rectifier doesn't make a huge difference in the sound, at least not as much as the preamp and poweramp. Just go for the rocker 30 really you'll like

alright, thanks for the info!

everythings great with orange but i found out that rocker 30 doesnt have an fx loop and AD30TC too. i really need effects loop to put my pedals in there.
Quote by roker333
alright, thanks for the info!

everythings great with orange but i found out that rocker 30 doesnt have an fx loop and AD30TC too. i really need effects loop to put my pedals in there.

oh I see, can you afford the rockerverb? It as an FX loop, verb', and has 2x12 but it's more expensive than the rocker 30, but if youca afford it go for that one.
If not, maybe an AC30?
It will give you way better cleans than an Orange, but you'll have to get a good distortion pedal
Last edited by Sguit at Jul 31, 2009,
no, i cant afford the rockerverb and new vox ac30 handwired is way too expensive.

maybe i could get a marshall dsl 50. is it good for stuff like blink 182?(i know tom delonge didnt use marshall for overdrive but can i get close with marshall??) or is there a better amp that can do that stuff??
Quote by roker333
no, i cant afford the rockerverb and new vox ac30 handwired is way too expensive.

I don't in Europe, but here a rocker 30 combo is more expensive than a vox ac30
Quote by Sguit
I don't in Europe, but here a rocker 30 combo is more expensive than a vox ac30

no way!! lol

give me a link?
well, thats a custom classic (cc2), the original vox ac30 handwired costs 1999$, but i found one for 1799$ and its still too expensive for me.

so i dont know, maybe the custom classic sounds the same as h2.
Quote by roker333
well, thats a custom classic (cc2), the original vox ac30 handwired costs 1999$, but i found one for 1799$ and its still too expensive for me.

so i dont know, maybe the custom classic sounds the same as h2.

Why do you absolutely want a handwired one? The custom classic sounds great. Maybe it doesn't sound exactly the same, but it's still a GREAT amp.
Quote by Sguit
Why do you absolutely want a handwired one? The custom classic sounds great. Maybe it doesn't sound exactly the same, but it's still a GREAT amp.

i dont know, but yeah its a great amp. and i think that marshalls are great amps too.

and there are other alternatives like:

peavey
laney

anyways
thanks for help!