Page 1 of 4
Well, everybody thinks punk is dead ... sorry! punk is not dead, it has evolved from old PArty punk bands to a more sober type of punk... the sex pistols have a nowaday equivalent called ANTI-FLAG.... nofx is now strike anywhere.... the clash is now rise against... PUNK IS STILL ALIVE< JUST NOT MAINSTREAM...
Yeaaahhh NO. The bands you listed... no. How about Bomb The Music Industry? DIY FTW
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
How are Anti Flag and Rise Against not mainstream?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
those are completely mainstream

and there are alot of good underground bands still. Alot of old ones play too...**** the sex pistols
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Wow

Sex Pistols and The Clash weren't that great to start with imo. Tracks 2-5 on Nevermind the Bollocks Heres the Sex Pistols blow(but I do like the rest of the album, its good, but not that great). The Clash I've never really liked, I thought they were overrated and sounded like barking seals.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
lol man punk nevr died there r a ton of really punk bands now like the casualties and greenday bringing back true punk
If only summer rain would fall, on the houses and the boulevards
And the sidewalk bagatelles, it's like a dream
With the roar of cars and the lulling of the cafe bars,
The sweetly sleeping sweeping of the Seine...
Punk is dead. I stabbed it in the neck with a knife.
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
^
This thread has promise!
We need users like this to bring up new and interesting ideas to discuss. Stop being a wet blanket.
I thought punk had died but once the OP told me about all the bands on Warped Tour I instantly regained all hope.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Before about post #9 I was worried all the regulars were going to dignify this thread with serious responses. I'm relieved by this sarcasm.
i don't know whose post is worse. TS's or Misspentyouth's
Quote by stinger12345
Because the Bay Area is the ****.

Quote by RockGuitar92
I'd be like "wtf, bro?" Then I'd promptly ice the bitch.
^
Misspentyouth's post was obviously sarcastic. I mean im pretty bad at detecting sarcasm on the internet, but damn.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Last edited by David_Bowie=GOD at Jul 31, 2009,
Quote by punkrockdoc

You = dumb
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
I wish punk was really dead. It's a genre that promotes a lack creativity to the point where most songs are ridiculously simple, repetitive, and boring. I like simple music as long as it's creative.
Quote by Melodic_Rocker
I wish punk was really dead. It's a genre that promotes a lack creativity to the point where most songs are ridiculously simple, repetitive, and boring. I like simple music as long as it's creative.

I just took a look at the Favorite Bands in your profile.

Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Funny because I had the same reaction when I saw your favorite bands.

Run along and play your 3 power chord songs, mmk? kthnxbai
Last edited by Melodic_Rocker at Jul 31, 2009,
Quote by Melodic_Rocker
Then don't post here
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Melodic_Rocker
Funny because I had the same reaction when I saw your favorite bands.

Run along and play your 3 power chord songs, mmk? kthnxbai

Normally I don't even bother responding to stupid people on this forum, but I feel like being an asshole.

1. I doubt you've heard of 90% of those bands.

2. I'm a rather proficient jazz guitarist. You play a Squier into an Orange Crush. I don't think you get to pull the guitar-skill card here
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Quote by RizzoWashburn
Normally I don't even bother responding to stupid people on this forum, but I feel like being an asshole.

1. I doubt you've heard of 90% of those bands.

2. I'm a rather proficient jazz guitarist. You play a Squier into an Orange Crush. I don't think you get to pull the guitar-skill card here

You're going to base my skill off my guitar and amp? Excuse me, but I just moved from the US to New Zealand 2 months ago. I couldn't afford to take my gear with me, and this was the best I could afford. Asshole.
Quote by Melodic_Rocker
You're going to base my skill off my guitar and amp? Excuse me, but I just moved from the US to New Zealand 2 months ago. I couldn't afford to take my gear with me, and this was the best I could afford. Asshole.

The majority of players who use ****ty gear are beginners/not very good. I made an educated guess. And judging by the clip in your profile you're not very good at bass either. If you want to say that every guitarist of a genre you know nothing about sucks, you should at least have the skill to back it up.

And yes, I am an asshole
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Yes, I'm a terrible bassist. That's why my Hysteria cover is one of the highest rated covers of the song on Youtube... although, I don't know how much merit that comment really holds... I'm not making assumptions about your personal skill, don't make assumptions about mine.
Quote by Melodic_Rocker
Yes, I'm a terrible bassist. That's why my Hysteria cover is one of the highest rated covers of the song on Youtube... although, I don't know how much merit that comment really holds... I'm not making assumptions about your personal skill, don't make assumptions about mine.

I will make assumptions. You clearly tried to get a reaction from us with your post, so I'm going to tell you exactly what I think of you. The fact that somebody on youtube likes your **** means nothing when its as sloppy and unimpressive as what I'm hearing.

There are plenty of people in this forum who are far superior musicians than you, if you're honestly going to call us bad players and say we only play power chords you can go **** yourself for being an uninformed, conflict starting, terrible-bass playing jackass.

Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Last edited by RizzoWashburn at Jul 31, 2009,
Oh Snap
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
Quote by RizzoWashburn
I will make assumptions. You clearly tried to get a reaction from us with your post, so I'm going to tell you exactly what I think of you. The fact that somebody on youtube likes your **** means nothing when its as sloppy and unimpressive as what I'm hearing.

There are plenty of people in this forum who are far superior musicians than you, if you're honestly going to call us bad players and say we only play power chords you can go **** yourself for being an uninformed, conflict starting, terrible-bass playing jackass.

I have yet to hear you post your skillz. I would love to hear your brilliant musical genius. Please, I encourage you to show me up please. I'm perfectly aware that their are better musicians on here than me. Obviously. But you really can't dispute the fact that most punk promotes simplicity and repetitive song structure.

Anyway, I'll leave you and your ego alone. Feel free to watch some of my videos though. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ab4VaDPluw&feature=channel_page
Quote by punkrockdoc

And the Sarcast-O-Meter is off the charts!

Also I think we need a sticky, in addition to the "Blink-182 and Green Day are not punk" one, that says "Punk is not just three chord songs." Because that seems to be a very common misconception.
If only summer rain would fall, on the houses and the boulevards
And the sidewalk bagatelles, it's like a dream
With the roar of cars and the lulling of the cafe bars,
The sweetly sleeping sweeping of the Seine...
Quote by Melodic_Rocker
I have yet to hear you post your skillz. I would love to hear your brilliant musical genius. Please, I encourage you to show me up please. I'm perfectly aware that their are better musicians on here than me. Obviously. But you really can't dispute the fact that most punk promotes simplicity and repetitive song structure.

Anyway, I'll leave you and your ego alone. Feel free to watch some of my videos though. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ab4VaDPluw&feature=channel_page

Promotes simplicity and repetitive song structure? Punk certainly doesn't actively advocate complexity, but I've heard plenty of punk bands who are far more complicated than any of the sub-par unoriginal bull**** bands like Muse play.

I'd like to take this time to ask what punk you've ever actually listened to, because right now you just sound like a completely unintelligent moron who has no idea what he's talking about. The fact that you would come into this forum in the first place if you have nothing constructive or intelligent to say is pathetic in the first place.
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Quote by RizzoWashburn
Promotes simplicity and repetitive song structure? Punk certainly doesn't actively advocate complexity, but I've heard plenty of punk bands who are far more complicated than any of the sub-par unoriginal bull**** bands like Muse play.

I'd like to take this time to ask what punk you've ever actually listened to, because right now you just sound like a completely unintelligent moron who has no idea what he's talking about. The fact that you would come into this forum in the first place if you have nothing constructive or intelligent to say is pathetic in the first place.

Yeah, okay. All I have to do is point you in the direction of the song Butterflies and Hurricanes or Stockholm Syndrome to make your argument look stupid. I don't see any punk bands putting anything creative like that out.
Quote by Melodic_Rocker
Yeah, okay. All I have to do is point you in the direction of the song Butterflies and Hurricanes or Stockholm Syndrome to make your argument look stupid. I don't see any punk bands putting anything creative like that out.
I'm staying out of this, but this is creative? It sounds like 98% of modern rock.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqgZjXrYjOs
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

So vocal effects and pianos makes a band creative?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

I doubt you've heard a single punk song in your entire life.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by Melodic_Rocker

Creative? What the ****? Both those songs are examples of 90% of all modern pop-rock bands.

Here are a few songs off of the top of my head that are way ****ing better than that boring commercial bull****:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVCMLWtVN5E&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAsWcaivtEY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSid_tFAShU
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Page 1 of 4