-it's in my profile-
it's a song me and a friend made a while ago..
he (my friend) wrote the lyrics and sings.
i play the rhythm guitar,bass and lead, but my friend plays the first short solo (around 1:36) and then i play the second solo.
tell me what you liked/hated about the song, and if you want, post a link to your song for fair C4C.
Hope you enjoy.
Well it started out very nice. I like the chords used and the vocal melody is nice. The singer was pitchy here and there but that's not your fault. The first solo was pretty bad. Yours was much better, however there are some things I'd like to suggest. For long solos like that, try doing them piece by piece instead of one big long take. That way, if you screw up, you dont have to redo the whole thing. I would also suggest tying a sock or something around the first fret to cut down on noise from other strings. It really cleans up your studio solos.

Overall the song was pretty good aside from the mistakes.

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1173313

It's really lame to crit my song in your thread, dude.
Check out my band Disturbed
Last edited by StewieSwan at Jul 31, 2009,
Quote by StewieSwan
Well it started out very nice. I like the chords used and the vocal melody is nice. The singer was pitchy here and there but that's not your fault. The first solo was pretty bad. Yours was much better, however there are some things I'd like to suggest. For long solos like that, try doing them piece by piece instead of one big long take. That way, if you screw up, you dont have to redo the whole thing. I would also suggest tying a sock or something around the first fret to cut down on noise from other strings. It really cleans up your studio solos.

Overall the song was pretty good aside from the mistakes.

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1173313

the thing about the first solo is, that my friend who plays it and also sings wrote it, he worked really hard and did very good considering he has no knowledge of any scale/theory. i mean, i could perform that solo very easily and very smoothly, but he worked for it and even tho it wasn't clean he deserved to play it.
the second solo was improvised, so there weren't any mistakes since i made it up on the spot, but for future reference i do need to separate sections.
i am gonna try to use that sock trick FOR SURE, it sounds mighty awesome.

your Chinese song sounds very cool, the tone is perfect and the quality is clean. the drums set the beat and carry the song, which almost seems like it tells a story.
BUT THEN!
the cheesy chugging riff kicked in, and i was very turned off. it just ruined the authenticity of the song...
i listend to alone. the singing was bad. it went in and out of tune. it does sound okay though. even bob dylan was pitchy back in the day. the lyrics were okay. kind of a cliche topic. but not bad at all. i liked the solo at 137. good playing. the strong point of this song was the composing and rythem/chords. i think if you found a new singer it would help allot. it kind of sounds like its late at night and he dosent want to wake any one up. maybe he could try and just put more into it. good song though. both solos were cool.

c4c? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1173903

btw. i also listend to gay fish since the tile caught my eye. great tune. im not sure if its a cover or not, but that was killer. way better then alone. i liked the acoustic over the top of it.
Last edited by chasepalmer at Aug 1, 2009,
Quote by chasepalmer
i listend to alone. the singing was bad. it went in and out of tune. it does sound okay though. even bob dylan was pitchy back in the day. the lyrics were okay. kind of a cliche topic. but not bad at all. i liked the solo at 137. good playing. the strong point of this song was the composing and rythem/chords. i think if you found a new singer it would help allot. it kind of sounds like its late at night and he dosent want to wake any one up. maybe he could try and just put more into it. good song though. both solos were cool.

c4c? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1173903

btw. i also listend to gay fish since the tile caught my eye. great tune. im not sure if its a cover or not, but that was killer. way better then alone. i liked the acoustic over the top of it.

the singer wrote the lyrics, even tho he isn't the best lyricist or singer it came from the heart, so that's why it sounds cliche. it was actually an all-day thing, and we recorded in the afternoon, but i'll tell my friend.

gay fish was a song made by the southpark people, you can download it at their site. i just took the song and identified the chord structure, after which i used my mini-acoustic "toy" guitar to add a different texture to it.
i'll check out your song and comment on it soon.