I (Something_Vague, Matthew Scott, Asshole) am very excited to finally be releasing my book to the public. It's being distributed by lulu.com and will be on Amazon.com in a few weeks as well. I want to thank everyone at S&L (songwriting & lyrics.) They were very lenient on what is posted there in terms of writing. I've been a part of this damn site for like six years now, and quite frankly it's come to a point where I don't think I'll ever be fully away from it. I thank those guys in the book's introduction for helping me progress as a writer. Six years ago, I was downright awful (some still claim that I am still pretty abysmal) but none the less, I have grown as a writer 50 fold. These stories aren't like my poetry, they are not experimental, or abrasive, or masturbatory. These are straight forward stories that are meant to really give an emotional punch. I wrote a lot of them with personal events in my life, and a lot of them are fictional narratives that just explore the themes and questions I think are important. Not everyone of them means something, not everyone of them is excellent, and not everyone of them is without flaws. I am happy with the book, and it's still few spelling errors that will no doubt come back to haunt me. I hope the price isn't asking too much, but I can guarantee that you will not be disappointed, at all. Or in the great words of Billy Mays, "You'll get your money back." If you don't like the book, one bit, I will personally refund your money, that is how confident I am that you will like it, and love it.

Here's the review, lovingly written by Kyle Downes. Thank you so much, and enjoy the book that I've poured a year of my life into creating. Just click the link above or below to be taken to the site, and add to cart, then check out. It's fairly simple.

Sad Props for Elegant Lounge Coats
As Reviewed by kdownes (Kyle Downes)

SAD PROPS FOR ELEGANT LOUNGE COATS by Matthew Scott is an eclectic collection of works delving into the exploration of human emotions. It is hard to read anyone of these stories without becoming captured in the emotion, whether a father’s grief at the loss of his daughter (Evelyn S. Pollard The Horse) or a man’s desperate reliving of his life, trying to remove all regret (Vita Nova). While some stories are subtle in there pulling power (Between The Fault & The Fence, Airport/Terminal Occasion), others grip you hard and pull your heart clean out (Sad Props for Elegant Lounge Coats, Vita Nova, Vanity in General).

The collection begins with “Ramón, Nephew of Ramón”, the story of a boy, his mother, and his uncle, centred on the Mexican festival of the Dead. The story gently examines the effect the loss of a close loved one can have on not only their close relatives, but the generations after them. The ending is beautifully subtle in the words on Ramón’s headstone, which read “We will go to the coasts, the highest peaks, and we will yell our names.” Next is “Young Blood”, a story of jealousy, anger and deceit which presents the breakdown of a bitter divorce. “Grenadine” is a curious and dark work which delves into feelings of loss, grief and regret through a party scene. “Tears for Affairs” is one of the more intricate tales in this collection, weaving multiple narratives together around a central theme and emotion. “King Wedding”, although short” is probably one of my favourite stories in the collection. It is a very personal tale about love lost and regret. “Vanity in General” is interesting in its circular narrative, with each characters relationships and actions creating almost a domino effect of destruction and pain. This is one of the most powerful stories in the collection, tearing apart the effects of vanity, both subtle and over the top. “Evelyn S. Pollard The Horse” was one of the few stories in this collection that actually made me cry. The slow but steady and innocent build-up at the beginning leaves the reader completely sucker-punched by the emotionally charged ending. “Just Visiting” tells the story of a guy bumping into his ex who has been tarnished beyond repair since he last saw her. It throws into harsh light the effects of drugs and humanity’s habit of corrupting and preying on the innocent. “Our House” is a deeply psychological and spiritual story which only reveals its true power after several reads. The storyline and emotion is wonderfully written with just the right level of strength and subtlety. Another shorter story, “Airport/Terminal Occasion” provides glimpses into various situations and emotions through the eyes of the protagonist who is simply exploring the airport while waiting for his grandmother. “Between The Fault & The Fence” is another beautiful and simplistic story about a man, a young blind woman and a fence.

“Sad Props for Elegant Lounge Coats” hurts, there’s no easier way to put it. Powerful, believable and ungodly painful, the story takes the reader on an emotional rollercoaster as it traces the relationship of the two protagonists and the effects of drugs, distance, time and love. The story is presented in a unique fashion, combining straight story telling with a series of letters, allowing connection with the characters at a greater level. “Gila” is a story I don’t quite understand yet, but is interesting enough that I’m willing to continue reading it until I do. “The Mold in the Corner of the Carpet Store” is another emotional sucker punch, delving into the effects an affair has, not on the person who is cheating, or who is being cheated on, but the person being cheated with. A very powerful yet subtle story. However, the excerpt from the carpet laying manual disrupted the emotion too much for me, I actually skipped over it. “The Myrmidon” is an intense psychological story which delves into the mind of the protagonist who has recently lost his mother and has a bizarre obsession with the Ancient Myrmidon. Another powerful ending. “Wolf News” explores a community and country’s reactions to a serial killer, but twice removed, through the eyes of the young protagonist. It throws a harsh light on American patriotism, studying racism and the corruption of the innocence, as well as greed, murder and egotism. “Park Life” is a wonderful story with a powerful moral. Probably one of my favourites, with the idea of the heavy object in the bag representing a motivation for change and a way to bring out the best in people. A nice element of mystery in this story too. “A Trial of Sorts” studies morals by looking at the case of a paedophile through the eyes of the prosecution lawyer. What makes this story interesting is the conversation going on throughout the story between the protagonist and an unknown other, perhaps God, perhaps his subconscious mind. “Looking for a Hobby” is one of my least favourite stories in the collection, but is still interesting in its own right. Samurai swords, guns, and a piggy in the middle between two failing relationships. Finally, and well worth waiting for, the greatest story in the whole collection. “Vita Nova” is about death, love, grief, loss, longing and rebirth. It tells the story of a man cursed to relive his life over and over again until he can live without regrets. All the while, life continues on without him and his wife slowly loses her mind from grief and loss. And intense emotional powerhouse and the longest story in the collection. A perfect way to end the collection.

Not one story in this collection leaves the reader unaffected, which is where Matthew’s power lies. Sometimes you never see it coming, sometimes it’s almost too obvious, but the emotion is always powerful enough to leave the reader wondering “What would I do?” With this collection, Matthew Scott has achieved a goal most authors strive for their whole lives. He has entered the reader’s minds and swayed them to his will. And we’re happily taken along the ride. This collection shows a maturity far beyond his young years and the promise of a long and fruitful career.
www.facebook.com/longlostcomic
Last edited by Something_Vague at Jul 31, 2009,
People didn't want to read that many words on screens. That's why they invented the book.

Edit: This is cool. Congrats
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Cool book bro.

INTOLERANCE IS IGNORANCE

Quote by kosmic
Holy Moses.
haha
Congratulations!
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Hooray! Congratulations.
Cause I love feelin' dirty
And I love feelin' cheap
And I love it when you hurt me
So drive those staples deep
congrats on being published
My Deviantart

Great Minds Think Alike
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
You sigged me, AND had an idea the same as mine!
I like you.

About my Lady Gaga/Pokemon parody
Quote by Mike50227
XD not bad

Quote by ExOblivione
You're my hero.

Quote by myevilside
I must say, i love it!
thanks everyone, feel free to order anytime, there may be a special 10% off coupon for the month of august that i can do for everyone.
www.facebook.com/longlostcomic