Hey guys, i have been trying to play the "name that chord game" here on ultimate-guitar and im having trouble geting a few things and was hoping you smart people could help me out.

First of all i can find out the intervals and notes ex.) R 3 5 7 #11 whatever.........but the answer someone will get right is a inverted chord. the lowest note tabbed out is not the root. Thats gets me frustrated!!

Also finding out the chord progressions they fit in.

Im just a confused help me out please!!
If you're struggling to work out a chord because it is inverted then write out the notes in the order they appear. Then rearrange them so that when put in order there is the interval of a third between the first two notes and an interval of a third between the last two.

For example.

C major

1st inversion = E G C ( G to C is a perfect fourth so rearrange the notes so they form a R 3 5 pattern)

=C E G

There you have your C chord
Last edited by griffRG7321 at Jul 31, 2009,
Thanks for the reply but what do you mean by "if the interval between the first two notes is not a thrid then move it up an octave"?
Quote by JSX
Thanks for the reply but what do you mean by "if the interval between the first two notes is not a thrid then move it up an octave"?

Sorry ignore that post, made a typo, iv'e corrected it now.
Last edited by griffRG7321 at Jul 31, 2009,