I need to take apart one of my Xbox controllers. I don't have a Torx wrench or small enough Flathead screwdriver to work, so I'm gonna have to ghetto rig a Torx wrench. I'm thinking of melting down the plastic part of a pen and letting it cool on the screw, then trying that, not sure if it will be strong enough though. Any help?
Xbox Live GT: IX Michael IX
uhhh you can go to a home depot or orchard supply and get one for like 25 cents
Jackson DXMG -> Vai Morley Wah -> Korg Black Tuner -> (Need a delay) -> Maxon OD808 -> BBE Sonic Maximizer -> ISP Noisegate -> Mesa Boogie Mark IV
Hit it with a hammer.
If anything breaks, you can glue it back together, like men do.
you dont think that they use an uncommon type of driver that not many people have for a reason?
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
It's not that they're hard to find, I just can't go out and get one now, and I'm bored.
Why would you need to take apart a controller?

And just have mommy or daddy drive you and lend you a dollar.

Problem solved.
Just drop it on a tile floor.

Worked for mine.
Quote by herby190
Every thread I've seen you in has been a complete success. Yay you!

Quote by theking182
i'm voting for GNiCk89. i just like how he speaks TO me, not AT me.

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Yea, Sublime is a great band. You have an Underoath icon, so I think your opinion doesn't matter.
I don't live at home, so a ride from my parents is impossible, and I really can't spare the gas for something I could do at home.
Quote by parigod
I don't live at home, so a ride from my parents is impossible, and I really can't spare the gas for something I could do at home.

Walk to a tool store and steal one, they're tiny.

If you insist on trying to ghetto-rig a wrench, then your pen-melting idea is probably the way to go. Although, looking at my 360 controller, couldn't you just like stick a pen or something down there and turn? I mean, it'd take a while, but it could work.

6661EDIT:
MightyAl's idea would work too.
has a terrible signature.
Last edited by Austyn6661 at Jul 31, 2009,
A pen won't work because it's a security screw, it has a little post in the middle of it, I'll need to break that off, then use a Torx wrench ( or in this case a ghetto substitute) Guess We'll see if the pen works. I need to keep the screw in tact so i can close the controller back.
Quote by parigod
I need to keep the screw in tact so i can close the controller back.

Quote by MightyAl
If anything breaks, you can glue it back together, like men do.

This

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by parigod
A pen won't work because it's a security screw, it has a little post in the middle of it, I'll need to break that off, then use a Torx wrench ( or in this case a ghetto substitute) Guess We'll see if the pen works. I need to keep the screw in tact so i can close the controller back.

I'd seriously say just wait until you get a hold of one. This isn't going to work, and you're probably going to end up breaking your controller somehow.
has a terrible signature.
just an fyi they don't take regular torx wrenches, you need a security torx wrench, which for some reason are difficult to find. i just used a tiny flathead screwdriver meant for glasses, worked well.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
I wish i could find a very small flat head, all i have is a phillips, and it's too large.
cant get more getto than a knive if you have a small one
Without music, life would be a mistake.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote by noob888
I love you for that thread...

Quote by MightyAl
I am now mentally scarred by the image of Peter Crouch getting penalised.
I may have a knife small enough. If not, I could try using my penis.
Quote by parigod
I may have a knife small enough. If not, I could try using my penis.

lol that might work
Without music, life would be a mistake.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote by noob888
I love you for that thread...

Quote by MightyAl
I am now mentally scarred by the image of Peter Crouch getting penalised.