I did a search, and it turns out there isn't a cooking thread :O

I ****ing love cooking, and I'm always looking for new ideas. So I decided to make a thread to allow folks on UG to talk about food and cooking, and share their recipes. In my opinion, there's nothing better than a fantastic meal you've cooked yourself. Screw that jarred/premade crap! Let's get chef-like!

Here's a pasta dish I cooked up tonight. It was a bit of an experiment, and incredibly simple, but it turned out amazing (Apologies for the approximations of ingredients, I seldomly use exact measurements):

Ingredients (Main):

1 tin of tuna
1 tin of sweetcorn
Approx. 300g of pasta
3 tomatoes
1 large onion

Ingredients ('Awesomesauce'):
Milk (I'd say about 1 pint and a half. You could also use Greek yoghurt instead and skip using the flour)
Flour (1/6th of the milk)
2 1/2 tablespoons of paprika
3 tablespoons of mixed herbs
1 tablespoon of garlic granules (blasphemy, I know)
2 tablespoons of chilli powder
1 handful of grated cheese

What to do:

1. Boil the pasta, and as you do, chop up your onion and tomatoes to your preference.
2. When the pasta seems almost done, get another pot and add the milk. Put it on a medium-low heat and gradually add the flour, making sure to keep whisking it with a fork... or a whisk.
3. When the flour seems to have disolved, add the spices, garlic and herbs. Continue to whisk. Remove the pasta and let it drain for a while.
4. When the sauce seems to be thickening, add the handfull of cheese, and stir until it's 'gloopy'.
5. Put the pasta back into a pot, add the sauce, return to a medium-high heat and add your tuna and veg.
6. Stir until the tuna, onions and tomatoes are warm. This should be about a maximum of 10 minutes. Alternatively, you could put the pasta and sauce etc. into an ovenproof dish and bake it for about 15 minutes, adding more cheese on top if you wish.

This was a simple to prepare meal that could provide up to 3 portions, except I enjoyed it so much I ate the whole damn thing. It's very 'creamy' but has a little spicy tang to it. What I love about it is the fact it only costed me less than £1.50 to make.

The sauce also seems to work very well with chicken fajitas.
Matter is void. All is vanity. All is nothing. Nothing exists.

But damn does whisky rule
I can make some bitchin' Ramon noodles, divine tasting macaroni and cheese and cookies. Lots of cookies.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
my mom is a cook.

but then again all women are

EDIT: beans on toast plez

Cookies FTW
I can make some bomb ass salsa. I've had people try to pay me for the recipe.
Quote by herby190
Every thread I've seen you in has been a complete success. Yay you!

Quote by theking182
i'm voting for GNiCk89. i just like how he speaks TO me, not AT me.

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Yea, Sublime is a great band. You have an Underoath icon, so I think your opinion doesn't matter.
Someone sucks at searching.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by Karvid

Balls. Sorry about that, for some reason I couldn't find with with searching 'cooking' or 'cooking thread'. Guess I'm just 'tarded.

My bad :/

AMAZING MEAL:

Ingredients:
Soup.

Prep:
Open can.

Cooking:
NONE.

Serving:
Pour soup from can.

ಠ_ಠ

wat

A can of soup costs about 60p these days. And that's going pretty cheap.

You can make your own simple soup that does 10x the number of portions 1 can does, and for only 40p more.