What is the Crate Club Classic 50 like? What is the lead channel on it comparable to? I have the chance to get one and I just would like to know a little more about it...thanks.
Gear:

Epiphone Ltd Edition Wildkat
Epiphone 1958 Korina Explorer
Marshall Valvestate VS100
It's a great amp.

it's pretty brit flavoured I've heard it compared to Vox's and marshalls
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Do you mean the crate vintage club 50?

EDIT: If you do, then it is an absolutly fantastic amp. Perfect for clean/country/indie/alternative styles. So basiclly the clean channel is godly.

The 2nd channel is great too, perfect for grunge, hard rock. And with the right guitar, it would be fine for metal.
Gear

Epiphone les paul Standard (sunburst)

Crate Vintage Club 50

Ibanez TS9 (Turbo Version?)

Alvarez Jumbo Acoustic
Last edited by Rockerdude135 at Jul 31, 2009,
Yeah thats what I said...boobie traps.
Gear:

It is very delicious. The only fault I've found with mine is that it breaks frequently.

The clean channel is very glassy and smooth, it works nicely with the onboard reverb. You can get some really big sounds out of this thing, real airy and nice.

The lead channel has a surprising amount of gain on tap, I've been able to get some crushing tones from it. I've actually found the best results using a friend's Gibson ES-338.
Oh ya...mine breaks alot too. haha
but i think it is worth it
Gear

Epiphone les paul Standard (sunburst)

Crate Vintage Club 50

Ibanez TS9 (Turbo Version?)

Alvarez Jumbo Acoustic
Do you think I would be able to get some Social Distortion type tones out of this? Like a straight forward aggressive rock/punk tone?
Gear: