I noticed when just demo tracking some guitar that my acoustic soundhole pickup can also pick up vocals. I was lead to believe that soundhole pickups worked like electric guitar pickups and coudld only reproduce the strings vibrations (or something like that) does this mean I have a different kind of pickup? maybe its part transducer?
I've been here since '04.

What kind of pickup is it? I think seymour duncan makes one that's half soundhole pickup half microphone (or something of the sort) so you can get the "best of both worlds" with it. I'm no expert in physics, (actually, I've never taken a physics class before...ever), but maybe your voice is hitting the strings, causing them to vibrate in a similar way to you saying/singing stuff.

Were you singing and playing at the same time, or did you just pick up your guitar and decide to start singing into it? Just a bit curious...
Quote by obeythepenguin
You win this thread. Pipe organs FTW.

Quote by ShadesOfGray
Let's take it one step further and add a slogan:

Big Bach is listening you!
Oooh thanks guys very insightful
Its actually just a cheap one I picked up online as a soundguy was refusing to mic up by guitar
Ill give those things a try
and it worked when playing at singing as well as just singing directly into it
I've been here since '04.

How does it sound when you sing into it? Does it sound like a regular vocal mic, or does it have some distinct tone to it? Either way, in buying that pickup you may have gotten a two for one kinda deal.
Quote by obeythepenguin
You win this thread. Pipe organs FTW.

Quote by ShadesOfGray
Let's take it one step further and add a slogan:

Big Bach is listening you!