Alright, you see all different guitarists/bassists playing through 3 full stacks and it looks awesome. but how do they do it? how do you connect the amps? I look at bassist JPJ and he has 2 fullstacks, how are they connected?

thanks
w/o bass n drums, there wouldn't really be rock music.

Schecter is pronounced 'Shek-ter', right? I don't want to walk in and say, "Hey, can I try out that Sketcher?" and have the helper reply with "Wtf, we don't sell shoes!"
Cords.

Didn't your other thread explain it?
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
Well, sometimes, the rigs you see live are fake. If the arena/stadium/whatever they play on has room for a decent enough PA, I think most guitarist hook up 1 single or 2 (for separate gain/clean) amps to the PA. I've seen through overhead cams on several conserts that the giant 3x3 cab rigs are just fiberboard with cab fronts on them.
Tuning 2 or more amps to the exact same sound can be difficult, I think, especially if they have a fullsize rack with eqs and whatnot.
Electrics:ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑAmps:
Jackson DKMGFFˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RG100SC G2
Washburn DIME 333ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RH200X / RA412 2x Half-Stacks
ESP LTD EC-1000 STCB
Dean From Hell CFH
You can power as many amps as you can split your signal. For 2 amps, all you need is any stereo pedal or a passive splitter.
Quote by SinnaSatan
Tuning 2 or more amps to the exact same sound can be difficult, I think, especially if they have a fullsize rack with eqs and whatnot.

They don't need to sound the same, and in fact usually sound better when they don't.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by SinnaSatan

For a lot of people, the whole point of two amps is to have two completely different sounds running at the same time. I run a 2 amp setup, and I dial my amps completely different from another.
Quote by imgooley
For a lot of people, the whole point of two amps is to have two completely different sounds running at the same time. I run a 2 amp setup, and I dial my amps completely different from another.
Yeah, so do I. Very simple though, just one for clean and one for gain.
But what I mean, is that if you use several heads for the sake of amplifying your signal (with the same tone), it might be difficult, although I don't know, never used such big rigs.
Electrics:ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑAmps:
Jackson DKMGFFˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RG100SC G2
Washburn DIME 333ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RH200X / RA412 2x Half-Stacks
ESP LTD EC-1000 STCB
Dean From Hell CFH
If you run through 2 amps via a passive splitter you should consider using a buffered pedal before the splitter. Also humbuckers are more susceptible to tone suck than single coils due to the reduced impedance.
Quote by SinnaSatan
Yeah, so do I. Very simple though, just one for clean and one for gain.
But what I mean, is that if you use several heads for the sake of amplifying your signal (with the same tone), it might be difficult, although I don't know, never used such big rigs.

You a/b. I run stereo.

Still simple. I want to run 3 boosts and 2 fuzzes for dirt. That'd give me a stupid amount of versatility with my current rig.

I run a stereo boost currently to split my signal, and 2 fuzzes, one on each amp.
You can run two amps using the line out on the back of one into the input on another. Gotta watch your levels though. Some amps allow for daisy-chaining, like Fender The Twin. And, as the others have said, you can use an A/B/Y switch (Amp 1, Amp 2 or bit together). Some ABY switches are crap and will ruin your tone. You need a powered one, like a Radial Tonebone.