I found this amp laying out near the dumpster and decided to pick it up just to see what it is. Its a Gorilla amplifier dated 1987, the model is a TC-65. Heres some pics,

Its a good lil amp, the pots were a lil touchy and scratchy every time i adjusted them but after using some contact cleaner on the pots the amp and everything worked just fine. Im guessing thats why the previous owner just tossed it. But anyways as of now i know its a 65 watt amp, it has a 10 inch Gorilla speaker, spring reverb and it seems to have an effects loop of some kind that you can connect or something.... but after taking a look at the speaker there is a small tear in it so im wanting to replace it and spruce up the entire thing so what i need to know is if anyone knows how many ohms it has and such. The back says

117V AC/60Hz 120watts.... and thats all it says.

pic fixed
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell
Last edited by heretic-clown at Jul 31, 2009,
Quote by STABxYOU
I would imagine it's 4, it might be 8.

i was guessing along of 8 as well, but i just want to be sure. thanks
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell
I think I have one of these at home. It was my dad's amp from when he started playing, but I'm not sure if it's the same model. Looks the same though. I'll let you know what I can find out when I get home from work maybe like an hour or so.
I have a huge fear if rays.
You'll be safe with an 8. You can always go higher with a SS amp. So if the original is 4 you'll just lose some watts on the output.
Quote by ChrisBW
I think I have one of these at home. It was my dad's amp from when he started playing, but I'm not sure if it's the same model. Looks the same though. I'll let you know what I can find out when I get home from work maybe like an hour or so.

ok thanks!
Quote by fly135
You'll be safe with an 8. You can always go higher with a SS amp. So if the original is 4 you'll just lose some watts on the output.

lol im not that much of a tech guy so.....is that bad if you lose watts?
i have the 8 in version, its nothing too great, its about on par with my crappy kustom practice amp.
Ok, so the one I have is a GG-60. I don't know if it's a newer or older than yours and they changed the model name or what, but it looks almost exactly the same.

Anyway, the back of the speaker says "10-65W 8Ohms"

Edit: Actually mine is different, it has another switch and another knob as well.
I have a huge fear if rays.
Last edited by ChrisBW at Jul 31, 2009,
Quote by ChrisBW
Ok, so the one I have is a GG-60. I don't know if it's a newer or older than yours and they changed the model name or what, but it looks almost exactly the same.

Anyway, the back of the speaker says "10-65W 8Ohms"

Edit: Actually mine is different, it has another switch and another knob as well.

well, it seems like yours is a newer one or it maybe an older one i dunno, but considerig there somewhat "similar" and you have a 10" speaker with 65 watts, and it ACTUALLY says 8ohms, im somewhat brought to the conclusion that mine is also 8 ohms