I just thought Id post this here as I'm pretty confident the majority won't of heard of Andy Timmons so wouldn't have heard it

The songs called Electric Gypsy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgELKnnHtkc

It's relatively easy to play as well but it requires a lot of feel

Here is the GP tab

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/a/andy_timmons/electric_gypsy_guitar_pro.htm
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
Last edited by sharpant at Jul 31, 2009,
Love that song. My favorite song of his is probably Groove Or Die though, just because I'm still a shredder at heart. I think his improv stuff on youtube is awesome as well (playing with Satch, Paul Gilbert, etc.)
I learned how to play it tonight I'll be playing this riff for years to come!
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
I just thought Id post this here as I'm pretty confident the majority won't of heard of Andy Timmons so wouldn't have heard it

Original guitarist of Danger Danger. He's been around for 20 years. Their debut is one of my favourites.
That sounds amazing...
Also, do any of you know what guitar that is? It looks like a RG/strat...
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
It's his Ibanez Signature guitar
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
Not heard of Andy Timmons? What is this i don't even...

Anyone calling themselves a guitarist while having not heard of Andy Timmons is an immense PhAgg0t.
Quote by Arctine

Anyone calling themselves a guitarist while having not heard of Andy Timmons is an immense PhAgg0t.

That's a very obnoxious thing to say.
Quote by Arctine

On ultimate guitar? I'd be surprised if 2/10 people have heard of him.

Not that they would admit it...
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
It's a nice riff, but the most beautiful ever? Eh.....
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

myspace.com/rosscooperband
Quote by LP51122
It's a nice riff, but the most beautiful ever? Eh.....

Imo it's up there with the likes of Little Wing and Texas Flood.
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
I heard of Andy Timmons through his failed "Betcha Can't Play This" with GuitarWorld.

Love this song. Could listen to it for a long time.
Quote by sharpant
On ultimate guitar? I'd be surprised if 2/10 people have heard of him.

Not that they would admit it...

The guy has played with Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Eric Johnson and Steve Morse countless times. Not to mention his instructional DVDs, headlining in magazines such as total guitar and young guitar and he plays at G3 ALMOST EVERY YEAR! He's easily as famous as Satch and Vai. Srsly man.
Quote by Arctine
The guy has played with Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Eric Johnson and Steve Morse countless times. Not to mention his instructional DVDs, headlining in magazines such as total guitar and young guitar and he plays at G3 ALMOST EVERY YEAR! He's easily as famous as Satch and Vai. Srsly man.

You talk to me as If I've never heard of him.

Regardless of all the above I still stand by my comments. Mainly due to the amount of fail comments I see on these boards.
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
It's not so much that i'm questioning you, it's more that i'm finding it hard to believe so little "guitarists" have heard of such an important and great player.
Well to be fair, most 'guitarists' on here listen to a very narrow spectrum of music.

On to Timmons... Dude easily as my favorite tone. And as far as his 'failed betcha can't play this', you obviously only saw his first oe... Which he ADMITTED wasn't difficult. I betcha can't play his 3rd and 4th.

EDIT: There are much better quality videos of him doing thats ong.. The sound quality on this one is meh.

Also, one more tidbit... I have seen many of his live videos with Vai. Vai is easily one of the best known guitar heroes, and Andy makes him look silly in a lot of the live videos. His style of playing just lends itself to doing that.
Last edited by eXperiment63 at Jul 31, 2009,
Alright, there are lots of good hendrix clones out there though. Nothing new or that amazing.
Wow that was awesome.
Turtles R awesome. dont agree? YOU GO TO HELL, YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE!

PSN: Purple-munky

Gear...
Ion - acoustic guitar.
Cort KX1Q - i smashed it
Fender Super Champ XD 15w
Stagg G-310 - i smashed it.
Quote by Machinz
Alright, there are lots of good hendrix clones out there though. Nothing new or that amazing.

I definitely disagree with that. Even though Andy has come out many times and said he got the idea for the song name from a Hendrix biography he was reading at the time and the intro riff has the chordal rhythm that Hendrix made famous, Andy is definitely not another clone.

To the TS saying that he's not widely known. He's a guitar player's guitar player, that's how I'd describe it. I can name a handful of people where I live at that probably have heard of him, otherwise everyone just listens to your typical mainstream. That's what happens with a lot of virtuoso's, however, I'm sure more people have heard of Satch or Vai.

Also, about his "betcha can't play this" yes, he did admit that his stuff wasn't that hard. I find it much more creative and that it can expand your playing than the people who take the title seriously and just play a fast scale run.
electric gypsy and resolution are among my favorites.

resolution might be better than electric gypsy
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Welcome to Timmon's land. He's a great player love his music.
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
Andy Timmons is pure taste and class.

Quote by Arctine

Andy Timmons has only done a handful of guest appearances on G3. He is nowhere near as famous and Satch or Vai.

Not even close.

Is he as good of a player? Absolutely. But he is not anywhere close to their popularity.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Last edited by DaddyTwoFoot at Jul 31, 2009,