hey guys, ive been looking up alot of tabs latly, but it seems like half of everything i look up has a capo, i was just wondering, are they usefull at all, or are they just some crap that ill spend $10-$20 on and never realy need?

please take note that im pretty new to this so you will have to excuse me for my ignorance
you'll notice that when professionals play a song that uses a capo, these ultra talented and much more experienced than you people still use a capo, its just like a pick
I bought a really cheap crappy one... But I never use it really, I got it for my acoustic, but barely ever play that either!
Although, I feel they can be handy, but can also get annoying
They help for playing in different keys. Think of it as uptuning but without the risk or breaking strings. Whether or not it'll be useful is up to you.
yeah.buy one... it's worth spendin that much on one.if it there you'll probably use it a good bit
Yeah, I think it's worth it even though I rarely ever use mine.
I have a huge fear if rays.
You could survive without it, but it makes playing certain songs, in certain keys much easier.
Quote by Rosario_kit-kun
hey guys, ive been looking up alot of tabs latly, but it seems like half of everything i look up has a capo,

Some people use a capo instead of tuning their guitar to the correct tuning of a song. I saw a Journey tab where the tabber used a capo, something Neal Schon doesn't use.

I have one, i think they are great when you're noodling around on the acoustic. Play your standard G-C-G-D in standard then play it with the capo on the 3rd or 5th fret. Totally different sound.
Buy Kyser !
Quote by TheWall27

Spot on, JWZ28, spot on.

Gibson Les Paul Classic
Blackstar HT-5
Framus 2x12
Quote by Rajah
Some people use a capo instead of tuning their guitar to the correct tuning of a song. I saw a Journey tab where the tabber used a capo, something Neal Schon doesn't use.

I have one, i think they are great when you're noodling around on the acoustic. Play your standard G-C-G-D in standard then play it with the capo on the 3rd or 5th fret. Totally different sound.

ok, thanks man, you guys made things a good bit easyer for me =) cya around and thanks again
Quote by JWZ28
Buy Kyser !

i was guna get a g7th 405 performance, does it make much a difference which one i get?
Quote by Rosario_kit-kun
i was guna get a g7th 405 performance, does it make much a difference which one i get?

Kysers last, but they are pricey, worth it i think. I like the way they work too
Quote by TheWall27

Spot on, JWZ28, spot on.

Gibson Les Paul Classic
Blackstar HT-5
Framus 2x12
Quote by JWZ28
Kysers last, but they are pricey, worth it i think. I like the way they work too

ok, thanks