...with the biggest rock station here in Atlanta. I'm sad of course haha. The thing that gets me is that I have even less of an idea of what I want to do with my life. I go to a really good school, and have the opportunity to get a really good (good paying, but boring) job post graduation. But after this summer internship I've realize that I really really like the radio industry and I would be totally happy working as like promotions director for a radio station. I love people and music, and I totally love being involved in things like the local music scene. Only problem is that there isn't a lot of money in radio. Example, the promotions director with 15 years experience makes the average starting salary for graduates from my university in my major. I originally took the internship to have fun and go to some concerts, but it has really made me rethink some things. So I'm torn, I'm 20 years old, and a junior in college. Should I go for happiness or money? Thoughts?

I know you guys are a music lot and will probably be more over with the radio gig, but I just like to talk about stuff with people who understand.
Go for what you like. You don't need money to be happy.

It helps of course.
Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe Reissue -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner -> Boss PS-5 -> EHX Big Muff -> MXR EVH Phase 90 -> Menatone Pleasure Trem 5000 -> Line 6 Verbzilla -> MXR Carbon Copy -> Boss RC-2 -> Peavey Classic 50
Dude, happiness all the way. If you love the job, well then its a no brainer.
I'll pretend I can mod your amp but break it instead.
Cash Rules Everything Around Me.
Quote by adamk991100
I'm not in college, but i'd imagine the parties like the ones I just downloaded...

Quote by Weaponized
vagelier and PinkFender_69 are actually pretty dope
Hey, one of those people is me!

Just hang on a second, I'll be back.
It's really up to you in the end man. Just remember that nothing has to be permanent, career-wise at least. You could always start with that well paying job and then go to radio when you have enough money to keep you comfortable. Or you could just go for radio and pick up work on the side, or just go with the boring job and make the best of it. My point is just go after whichever makes you feel better: a well paying job, or a less paying but more enjoyable job. Good luck
If you can live a good life with what you get paid, then happiness.
LARGE TEXT
Quote by skaterskagg1
Money. Then you can buy happiness.

this.. It's sad to say it, but this is what I would go for.. unless you can definitely get a well payed radio job.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Finish the degree, see what kind of job you can get in both areas, pick the one that interests you the most after weighing the pros/cons of both options and then, if things don't work out, switch. I took a degree in film first thinking "Hey, I love to do this." Turns out I learned to hate it pretty quick and didn't even finished the degree, I transferred to music instead and I was happy as a pig in sh**. Now I knew that music doesn't always offer the best prospects and I'm very interested in design of all kinds so I'm doing an engineering degree at the moment. I have alot of ideas that I hope to merge my engineering skills with my music background. Now I'm in the position to do almost anything I have wanted to. Having said that I would say do the smart thing by getting the degree first and set yourself up for a solid career, then if you don't think that's for you you always have something to fall back on. Having a degree in another field is never a bad thing and can help boost your credentials to get you management type positions (although certain degrees can be better than others at this).
It seems well paying radio jobs are almost nonexistent in today's day and age. I appreciate the input on this. I think I'm kind of like Tom Hanks in Angels and Demons where the Vatican guy is trying to get him to come to Rome and tells him to stop acting like he hasn't already made up his mind.

It sucks though, it's like, I don't want to be 20 years down the road and unhappy because I could have done what I love, but I don't want to sit there and think how much money I could be making either.

I'm just glad I have time to think about it all before I have to deal with the real world.
Quote by ATLstang
...with the biggest rock station here in Atlanta. I'm sad of course haha. The thing that gets me is that I have even less of an idea of what I want to do with my life. I go to a really good school, and have the opportunity to get a really good (good paying, but boring) job post graduation. But after this summer internship I've realize that I really really like the radio industry and I would be totally happy working as like promotions director for a radio station. I love people and music, and I totally love being involved in things like the local music scene. Only problem is that there isn't a lot of money in radio. Example, the promotions director with 15 years experience makes the average starting salary for graduates from my university in my major. I originally took the internship to have fun and go to some concerts, but it has really made me rethink some things. So I'm torn, I'm 20 years old, and a junior in college. Should I go for happiness or money? Thoughts?

I know you guys are a music lot and will probably be more over with the radio gig, but I just like to talk about stuff with people who understand.

If you didn't go into college to study something you would like to do as a career, then why did you major in that field to begin with?

Regardless of what you pick - when you're older and looking back on this decision, you'll think the choice is obvious. A radio gig will only be fun for as long as it isn't monotonous (which it most certainly will become after a while), and your chosen career path will have untold amount of success and financial stability - with all the redundancy straight from the get-go, which might suck, but does give you many more options in your future.

It's your decision, but if I had the same choice, I'd go with the money. No one is questioning your morals here except yourself.
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
And I'm finishing the degree no matter what. And probably doing graduate work on top of that. I just don't want to be in a position where I feel like I'm wasting it.
Have you ever seen those crackheads tripping balls and rolling around on the street? It looks like they're having the time of their life!

Go in that direction.