Its not much of a mod but its a start on my ebay no-name Denstone strat copy I picked up. I gave a right-handed Yamaha RG to my roommate and bought my first left-handed guitar. It played like crap, single coils hummed like crazy but it was 99 bucks.

So I upgraded the pickups to the GFS lil-killer rails, calibrated set of 3. I like the sound of them, way better than the buzzy single coils. I've ordered a few DPDT on-on-on switches to do a single coil-series-parallel switch for each pickup.

In the meantime, I rewired my 5 way as such. I swapped the position the middle and bridge normally go and wired the middle out of phase so now i get M, M+B out of phase, B, B+N and N. I find the out of phase sound more thin and strat like but still dead quiet and I like the B+N combo so I think this is a better use of my 5 way.

I had to dremel out part of the headstock at the top so I could reach my truss rod and adjust it a bit. Fret buzz is finally gone. Got the action fairly low. Went through all kinds of shimming on the neck to finally get it to sit nice and straight.

I painted my headstock, string trees and bushings for the tuners yesterday. My guitar has a translucent blue finish on it, so I tried to simulate that on the headstock the best I could using the blue paint I got from the dollar store. In the pic they look a bit off but in real life they look almost the exact same blues.

So I'm just waiting on my switches and I'm going to replace one tone knob with a kill switch and do the 3-way switch for each pickup.

Anyways, here's a few pics.

The headstock up close.

Lefty Strat Copy w/ GFS Lil' killer rails + Crazy wiring
Lefty Kona Thinline Acoustic/Electric
Righty-to-Lefty Silvertone Bass
Righty-to-Lefty Memphis Short Scale Bass
Vox AD30VT-XL

Tascam US-428 USB Interface Mixer
Guitar Rig 3
looks good man, i like the color.

also, tell me how those lil killers sound will ya?
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
I like them. Neck has a nice chuggy bassy sound. Bridge is nice for lead stuff. Middle sort of falls in the middle, and with my wiring configuration and the middle in phase reverse with the bridge, I get a nice strat-single coil tone thats quiet. They are sensitive to height adjustments. A 1/4 turn and few mm up or down and they sound different. A little bit down on the bass side and up on the high side for my bridge gives a decent lead sound. I either play through an old digitech RP-1 or mostly I go through my USB tascam to my PC to guitar rig. I get under 10ms latency with it, so its pretty in time with playing and I have a zillion amp sounds to play with.
Vox AD30VT-XL

Guitar Rig 3
man, lefty guitars look so weird to me...
and they shouldent, im left handed... but i used right handed guitars...
but sound clips!

anyway, nice job
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
Quote by metal-matt
but sound clips!

anyway, nice job

I tried several times to try to play a right handed guitar but I couldn't. It just felt too weird. It's left shopping for guitars at a guitar store non-existent or finding out any models I'm looking at are right handed only. So I decided to start with a beater like the one above, tweak it, learn all about guitars from it. Then I'll probably build something that I want that I can't get in a lefty model. I'm ok with wood skills and my roommate works with wood everyday and has a ton of tools.
Vox AD30VT-XL

Guitar Rig 3
Quote by metal-matt
but sound clips!

anyway, nice job

And I'll try and get some clips up soon of the pickups.
Vox AD30VT-XL

Guitar Rig 3