one of my friends has an explorer in which the pickups were swapped out for duncans.
i asked him for the gibson ones for better pickups in one of my guitars. my problem now is that i cant see any markings showing which one is the 490R and the 500T. is there any way i can tell the bridge apart from the neck?
If you don't talk to your kids about GAS, who will?
You could check the impedance with an ohmmeter. Whichever one's higher should be the 500T.
Quote by Flying Couch
You could check the impedance with an ohmmeter. Whichever one's higher should be the 500T.

+1 for electronics equipment
Quote by Natrone
I'm a pretty hardcore Christian. I would like to sincerely apologize that you ran into that little fucktard

Quote by mystique facade
dale-banez made a fool of himself..lol

my gear:

oh wait, no one cares
yay! if only i had an ohm meter :[
Just like..ask a neighbor or a friend. I think they're pretty common even though they might not be commonly used.
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
You don't know anyone with an ohmmeter? No dad with a toolset, etc.?

Are the pickups completely identical?
they're completely identical. i got them in the duncan pickup cases, so i'm guessing when his guitar was rewired he put the bridge in the JB case and the neck in the 59 case, so i'm gonna wire it up that way tonight, my girlfriends dad has a mulimeter i can use tomorrow so i'll just double check then.
Quote by al112987
I'm sure you have a DMM somewhere.

no... :[
just the stereo memory man! :P
If you can see under the pickup covers, and the winding is visible, you might could check that way? The 500T should have more.
if there's a big difference in the length of the wiring? the longer one should be the neck pickup, but thats not a guarantee by any means. just an easy way to tell if one's a good deal longer than the other. i'd still recommend getting a multimeter
Quote by Flying Couch
If you can see under the pickup covers, and the winding is visible, you might could check that way? The 500T should have more.
There are several thousands of turns of wire, there is no way you'd be able to tell from that.