So i just bought an esp, well actually an ltd but its the KH-202 signature edition guitar with the double locking floyd rose etc etc. and no matter what i do i cant get it to stay in tune ive stretched the strings endlessly by hand and it still keeps falling out of tune should i tighten the nut? i think the strings fall through the nut a little when i use the whammy bar and then they stick causing the strings to gain a higher pitch. is this possible?
Rocking the world
One solo at a time
i know im locking them but could be the the way its set up too, i lowered the bridge some when i bought it.......maybe its the intonation maybe thats it....
Rocking the world
One solo at a time
the 202 doesnt have the best trem on it either btw, no dissing, just saying, its an lfr(or on the new ones a FR special i think?)
but could the way the intonation is set, could that be my problem
Rocking the world
One solo at a time
i dont think the intonation would cause that. But i dont know for sure. You might want to tighten the machine heads. Sometimes they can be too lose and the strings will slip out of tune
maybe,just check the intonation before you do any dives with the trem to see if that is your problem.dont tighten the nut too tight,u might pop a string,we all know how much a pain in the ass it s to change strings on locking trems.
all right. well thanks guys ill try fooling a little bit more with it and see what happens i might just have to take it to the music store to get it set up by a pro but ill try messing with the intonation a little bit more and make sure all my locks are tight
Rocking the world
One solo at a time
Quote by XChainsawGorgeX
the Jeff Loomis Sig is a beast apparently

So is a KH-602/Ouija, mate.
My Gear
Marshall MG10 + Digitech RP350 multi-fx
Dean ZX
B52 AT-100
MXR 10-Band EQ Pedal
ESP LTD KH-Ouija Sig
For me, the strings sometimes binds to the retainer, try checking that.

My Rig ;D
Ibanez RG550XX 20th Anniversary
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Crate V50-112 (Modded)
Roland Micro Cube
Lovepedal Purple Plexi 800
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Ibanez TS-9
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Quote by MetalGS3SE
Never buy signature guitars.

My ORM is my favourite guitar. Find me another Jaguar shaped, short scale, with a super slim D shaped neck and Gibsonish fretboard.

Exactly, nothing approached it's specs, which were quite similar to what I would of ordered. Sometimes a sig is exactly what you want.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Make sure you lock the bridge and the nut. Even for a licensed Floyd it should stay in tune for good amount of time.
Quote by XChainsawGorgeX
the Jeff Loomis Sig is a beast apparently

It is, through my mesa Triple it gives me goosebumps every time i plug in.
Quote by DimeLvR
It is, through my mesa Triple it gives me goosebumps every time i plug in.

haha niice
you should allways lock the locking nut
Quote by StankMcGarnagle
Did you guys ever get lucky and have someone die the day before or of your gig and get to promote yourselves with it? Sweet huh?

you need help.

FRANTIC MASTURBATION
Quote by MetalGS3SE
Never buy signature guitars.

Yeah because all of his problems only happen with signature guitars???
Quote by azn_guitarist25
Yeah because all of his problems only happen with signature guitars???

No, because they often cost twice as much as a guitar of equal or better quality, just with a different name on it or different inlays/finish.

Though, this doesn't quite apply to all signature guitars. Loomis sig is reasonably priced and pure tank. But Don Donegan's signature guitar (*** from disturbed) costs like, $5000 i believe. All it is is a piece of **** ugly body with a flame finish on it and some cheap sparkly inlay.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
Quote by V.U.K
But Don Donegan's signature guitar (*** from disturbed) costs like, $5000 i believe. All it is is a piece of **** ugly body with a flame finish on it and some cheap sparkly inlay.

I know, right. That thing is a disgrace. I think he's got a diff axe now, though. Not sure.