I'm looking for a way to sort of blend between an effects loop and a clean signal. I'm thinking a wah pedal shell with a dual gang pot with one gang wired backwards would work, but I'm not sure if it will. Thoughts?

Inspired by this thread.
just use a single ganged. put the input as the center lug. and one end be the effects and the other clean.

edit: a dual ganged might give it a smoother sound. just do a copy of the blend control for a guitar and use the input instead of a ground. and instead of two pup inputs you then have to outputs. that is if you want it first in your effects loop.

edit2: scratch all that. here ya go

Last edited by blandguitar at Jul 31, 2009,
Quote by hippiebass
I'm looking for a way to sort of blend between an effects loop and a clean signal. I'm thinking a wah pedal shell with a dual gang pot with one gang wired backwards would work, but I'm not sure if it will. Thoughts?

Inspired by this thread.
You'll have a couple of hurdles to clear.

1 - The rack on most wah pedals doesn't have enough travel for the full 270 degree rotation on a pot. You'll need a longer rack. Or find a dual ganged pot that only has 180 degree rotation (not likely).

2 - You'll need a buffer on the clean side driving the blend pot, or you'll allow the signal to loop from output back to input on the effects side.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
so something like this? it was posted in the other thread, and i think its what you want. basicly you would just jumper one of the two sides so it stays just your clean signal. you could even stick a switch in so you could have a choice between two loops or one being bypassed.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You'll have a couple of hurdles to clear.

1 - The rack on most wah pedals doesn't have enough travel for the full 270 degree rotation on a pot. You'll need a longer rack. Or find a dual ganged pot that only has 180 degree rotation (not likely).

2 - You'll need a buffer on the clean side driving the blend pot, or you'll allow the signal to loop from output back to input on the effects side.

1. How would I change the length of the rack?
2. Ok, I'll put a buffer on the clean side.
i dont know if it is really feasable to extend the length of the rack, you would have to mess with the enclosure so the wah can rock further forward/back as well.

the other idea is to do something like the keeley katana (pic) and have a knob on the side. not as easy to control as a wah pedal i guess, but at least it would let you use the entire rotation of the pot.
Quote by jof1029
i dont know if it is really feasable to extend the length of the rack, you would have to mess with the enclosure so the wah can rock further forward/back as well.

the other idea is to do something like the keeley katana (pic) and have a knob on the side. not as easy to control as a wah pedal i guess, but at least it would let you use the entire rotation of the pot.

Would it work it I changed the gear ratio? So that the pot turned faster when the pedal was moved.