I just finished watching the Darjeeling Limited. Thought it was pretty good. I like the Royal Tenenbaums better. But does anybody know of any other good films like these? I just wanna find different movies that are good not just in the story but the way they are filmed. I'm not so much looking at the movie as a movie but more of an art form.

So does the Pit have any?
Jim Jarmusch's Dead Man. It totally fits your description. And Johnny Depp is AMAZING in it. It totally fits want you want when looking for "movies as an art form."

I wrote a blog about the awesomness of it if you're serious about wanting to see it.
Last edited by skaterskagg1 at Jul 31, 2009,
Wes Anderson is amazing. Have you watched any of his other films? The Life Aquatic is probably my favorite, and Rushmore is really good too.
kill all humans
I think I'm going to look into Dead Men, it sounds pretty interesting. And I've already seen Lost in Translation... but I'll probably watch it again soon.

And no, I haven't seen any of Andersons' other films, but I was just looking up the Life Aquatic.
Quote by guitarkid2113
I think I'm going to look into Dead Men, it sounds pretty interesting.

It's one of those movies that's amazing but nobody has ever heard of.
MK WES ANDERSON IS GREATEST OF ALL TIME

darjeerring limited
rushmore
royal tennebaumns
bottlerocket
life aquatic

mkkkkay?

those are the only movies i own.... W.A. ONLY
Quote by J Mud
the prestige?

Damn beat me to it

But one seriously good movie is Big Fish. It's just great all around
Quote by Nietsche
Don't drive. Stay in doors in a padded sterilised germ free room with a strait jacket eating vitamin pills at the appropriate intervals

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ipayformusic

Quote by cptcomet
Weird Kid: Do you play by ear?

Me: No, I play by hand.

"And you run and you run to catch up with the sun, but it's sinking
Racing around to come up behind you again
The sun is the same in a relative way, but you're older
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death"