I'm looking to replace my stock neck 'bucker, whats a good pup for jazzy stuff?
Quote by OzarkMDaredevil
Shit, this is pure win. You can have my interwebz, I was saving them for a rainy day.

^about my halloween costume
Quote by steee21
a sport

Quote by hriday_hazarika
Oh, so it's sorta like real-life gaming, then?
Oh, and my guitar ccurrently has active pups, but puttin in 1 passive and keeping 1 active shouldn't be a problem should it? SD jazz is one I'm considering, any other suggestions?
Quote by OzarkMDaredevil
Shit, this is pure win. You can have my interwebz, I was saving them for a rainy day.

Quote by steee21
a sport

Quote by hriday_hazarika
The real question is, are you still using that flying V for jazz? (watched a vid in your profile)
"I wanna see movies of my dreams"
Oh, no, that wasn't my guitar, I borrowed that from a friend while mine was in the shoop. Mine's a Schecter C-1, not very jazzy either, but I play other stuff too...
Quote by OzarkMDaredevil

Quote by steee21
a sport

Quote by hriday_hazarika
Quote by master2sexy
Oh, and my guitar ccurrently has active pups, but puttin in 1 passive and keeping 1 active shouldn't be a problem should it? SD jazz is one I'm considering, any other suggestions?

I've never tried it, but from what I've heard it's actually pretty difficult.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Dirk Gently
I've never tried it, but from what I've heard it's actually pretty difficult.

Ok, then I'd prefer an active...
Quote by OzarkMDaredevil

Quote by steee21
a sport

Quote by hriday_hazarika
Quote by master2sexy
Oh, no, that wasn't my guitar, I borrowed that from a friend while mine was in the shoop. Mine's a Schecter C-1, not very jazzy either, but I play other stuff too...

Lol just wondering, anything is better then a flying V for jazz in my opinion, that guitar ain't bad for jazz.
Quote by guitarplaya322
Lol just wondering, anything is better then a flying V for jazz in my opinion, that guitar ain't bad for jazz.

Yeah, I love the guitar, but the neck pup is too muddy sounding with even a little distortion, and the cleans don't sound very natural...
Quote by OzarkMDaredevil

Quote by steee21
a sport

Quote by hriday_hazarika
Well, what's your current amp??? For jazz, you need a really clean amp sound (IMO anyways), and using a valve amp with active pickups isn't going to work as well passive pickups. Saying that, actives won't sound that good through a transistor/SS amp, which means that you won't get a nice clean tone or whatever.

You could just say get an Epi ES175 or a used Zepher Regent, or a Emperor Regent. Those would give you some deece jazz tones.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by master2sexy
Yeah, I love the guitar, but the neck pup is too muddy sounding with even a little distortion, and the cleans don't sound very natural...

Yeah they should get a nice jazz with the humbuckers, mahogany, and thick neck, very gibson esque.
Actually, now I think I may buy 2 pups and convert to passive, I have a peavey XXX, and it actually gets a very nice clean tone through my friends' guitars with passives.
Quote by OzarkMDaredevil

Quote by steee21
a sport

Quote by hriday_hazarika