Ok.. after searching for 10 pages I couldn't find a Triumph thread. So here one is. For a great Canadian band that deserves more attention and credit. And if it's not the first, then maybe the other one should be easier to find

Somehow I feel like I'm just begging for this thread to be shutdown.. Hopefully this time there actually is no other thread

ANYWAYS, any fans or people who don't know about them but should (that's all of you), post away
Yeah they are really good I like Magic Power. I haven't heard much about them but I really like there music. They remind me of Rush. A Canadian trio. Well anyways great band.
Quote by DNBBB
Yeah they are really good I like Magic Power. I haven't heard much about them but I really like there music. They remind me of Rush. A Canadian trio. Well anyways great band.

Yeah, the first song I ever heard from them sounded similar to Rush to me.. I thought it was a song I didn't know yet or something, but it didn't quite sound like Geddy.. Then I figured out it was Triumph and started listening to a lot of their stuff
I just watched some footage of them from the US festival, ****ing incredible
rik is very underrated
I'm listening to Thunder Seven right now and I'm really wondering why these guys aren't huge.. This band is godly. Easily comparable to some of the all-time greats.
The band reunited after 20 years to perform at the Sweden Rock Festival and Rocklahoma in 2008. They hoped to put together a North American tour this year, but I believe the recession really hurt those plans.

Rik, Gil and Mike were together from 1975 until 1988, when Rik left the band for a solo career.

For anyone in or near Texas, Rik Emmett is booked at Poor David's Pub in Dallas on November 20 and the Mucky Duck in Houston on November 21.
Great band...great attitude. Rik is one the reasons why I play guitar...His classical ditties are absolutely wonderful.

Saw them last in PHX in 1988(?). Opening band ("something" Blue) got booed of the stage. Roadies swept off 2000 Coke cups off the stage.

They only sold 2000 of 10,000 seats and Rik came out and said "Phuk it...everyone move up closer, let's party anyways". They played a GREAT show!
Quote by BeerChurch
Great band...great attitude. Rik is one the reasons why I play guitar...His classical ditties are absolutely wonderful.

Saw them last in PHX in 1988(?). Opening band ("something" Blue) got booed of the stage. Roadies swept off 2000 Coke cups off the stage.

They only sold 2000 of 10,000 seats and Rik came out and said "Phuk it...everyone move up closer, let's party anyways". They played a GREAT show!

LMAO! Got to love a band with a great attitude. It's strange that they didn't get as many fans as they should have though, I really don't see what makes their music any worse then some of the other great stuff from that era.
Triumph is my second favorite band after Judas Priest. I have all but two of their albums on vinyl, save Classics & Edge Of Excess. All 13 on CD, Cassette, two on 8-Track.

Seen them in eleven times from 1980 to 1987, three times on both the Never Surrender and Thunder Seven World Tours.

Rik Emmett is the sole reason I bothered to consider Metal a genre I'd be interested in playing in. No one played like Rik back in the mid to late 70's, and sadly, no one realizes just how many people his guitar sound and style of playing influenced.