So I need a little bit of help finding the right amplifier, for not too much money. I play a lot of Foo Fighters, Nine Inch Nails, Rage Against the Machine, etc., and I'm looking to purchase a new amplifier. I'm about to buy an Ibanez RG1570 Prestige, and I'm looking for an amp that has very powerful distortion for Hard Rock, yet can still maintain a clean channel, for the likes of Classical, Jazz, and Funk... preferably under $400.
IMAGINE.
Quote by CJE
So I need a little bit of help finding the right amplifier, for not too much money. I play a lot of Foo Fighters, Nine Inch Nails, Rage Against the Machine, etc., and I'm looking to purchase a new amplifier. I'm about to buy an Ibanez RG1570 Prestige, and I'm looking for an amp that has very powerful distortion for Hard Rock, yet can still maintain a clean channel, for the likes of Classical, Jazz, and Funk... preferably under $400.

Marshall MG or Line6 Spider. Definitely get the MG 4x12 cab.

Kidding.

$400 is a pretty low starting price for an amp. How loud do you need it to be? I'm assuming that you'll be going solid state, since, for what you're looking for, $400 is pretty unreasonable for a tube amp. Depending on how loud you need to go, looking into the Peavey Valveking, which IS tube, and sounds pretty decent. The Vox Valvetronix would work well also.

Whatever you do, DO NOT get an MG, Spider, or Crate.
you should hold up on the ibanez and get a amp for tht price. then save up for a good guitar trust man.
Gear:

Fractal Axe FX
VHT 2/50/2
Orange 4x12
Voodoo Lab Ground Control Pro

Ibanez RGA 121 w/ Crunchlab and Liquifire
Music Man John Petrucci Mystic Dream
ERG Custom Guitar
Quote by BeethovensBust
Ampeg VH140C.

Thank me when you receive it.

this. on that budget this is an awesome amp for everything. on ebay BIN is abotu 300
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks