I'm a long time bassist and been playing guitar for about a year, usually rhythm lines, chords, riffing and what not. So most of what I play is on the lower end of the fretboard since coming from a bass background the space between frets is much more comfortable, but when ever I try to play a lead high on the fretboard, say past the 14th fret, my fingers seen to get jumbled up and my upper fret dexterity is no where near my lower fret dexterity. Are there any specific exercises I should be doing to improve this other than running scales up there?
All it comes down to is practice. As far as scales go I guess you could just do the same ones just up there but yeah...practice.
Keep it slow on the upper registers of the neck. The frets gets much smaller, obviously, and require a different approach to playing. Soon muscle memory, finger dexterity, and stamina will improve your finger coordination so that playing up there won't so much of a hassle. A great to improve on this is to play scales (slowly) across multiple registers, or "boxes". It can be a scale covering multiple strings over even a one octave scale on one string.
" When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix
Quote by Warheart1188
Keep it slow on the upper registers of the neck. The frets gets much smaller, obviously, and require a different approach to playing. Soon muscle memory, finger dexterity, and stamina will improve your finger coordination so that playing up there won't so much of a hassle. A great to improve on this is to play scales (slowly) across multiple registers, or "boxes". It can be a scale covering multiple strings over even a one octave scale on one string.

This. Just play slowly when you're on the upper end and practice different fingerings, scales, etc. It comes down to memory and eventually it will be easy for you.
Also, put the guitar on your left knee instead of your right knee - this is called the "classical" position and it gives you more access to the higher frets. I've also found that it encourages good picking habits.