They're having a gospel thing down here somewhere and there's this guy who plays guitar. Doesent really play much and knows songs. This is the person I mentioned who played Seven Nation Army and everybody thinks he is the best around town.
I was playing for a while and was working on my soloing since I started playing.
He plays metalica and stuff like that.

Should I try making people think i'm better than him?

I can just go there and ask to play the guitar .....Then play some fast stuff and impress people

EDIT:
People call him the guitar guy because he's like one of the 6 people on my little town who plays guitar but people know him as the best.
Turtles R awesome. dont agree? YOU GO TO HELL, YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE!

PSN: Purple-munky

Gear...
Ion - acoustic guitar.
Cort KX1Q - i smashed it
Fender Super Champ XD 15w
Stagg G-310 - i smashed it.
Last edited by vinnie-watt5 at Jul 31, 2009,
Consciously trying to make yourself look better than a fellow guitar playing disgraces us all.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Quote by Karvid
Consciously trying to make yourself look better than a fellow guitar playing disgraces us all.

True.
Quote by vinnie-watt5
They're having a gospel thing down here somewhere and there's this guy who plays guitar. Doesent really play much and knows songs. This is the person I mentioned who played Seven Nation Army and everybody thinks he is the best around town.
I was playing for a while and was working on my soloing since I started playing.
He plays metalica and stuff like that.

Should I try making people think i'm better than him?

I can just go there and ask to play the guitar .....Then play some fast stuff and impress people

show him whos the dominate male.
Quote by Karvid

So thats a NO?
Turtles R awesome. dont agree? YOU GO TO HELL, YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE!

PSN: Purple-munky

Gear...
Ion - acoustic guitar.
Cort KX1Q - i smashed it
Fender Super Champ XD 15w
Stagg G-310 - i smashed it.
Quote by Karvid

This.
There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Take a trip down the Scenic River

Call me Charlie.
Quote by Karvid

Quote by metaldud536
You're sad and pathetic.

These.
Don't be a douche. I mean sure I love pwning someone as much as the next guy, but challenging him like that is just a jerk move. If he called you out then I'd say give him hell, but don't go out looking for a fight... That's just stupid and gives us all a bad rep.
Just deal, its' not supposed to be in our nature to be competitive. (Thats how we got ubar shrez which is just bleh)

Just play to play with people if you really care about the attention. If you really are better than him people will sway their opinion soon enough.
dude play together not against him.
YOU WILL REMEMBER THIS SIG

8/7/09 man, the pear broke loose.

Rule #1 - I'm the Boss
Rule #2 - The Boss is always right
Rule #3 - When the boss is wrong see rule #2
I wish less people would try to show off when they play guitar. Sure it works for some genres like metal, but I don't want to hear a Yngwie Malmsteen solo in the middle of a jazz song.
everyone acts humble but they know they wanna challenge someone in a guitar battle and kick his ass like in crossroads

but you only do it if he's one of those cocky assholes who's like "ya I'll kick ur ass at guitar" and then starts playing nu-metal or something

if he's just minding his business it's kind of a douchy thing to do
Black then white are all I see,
in my infancy, red and yellow then came to be.
Quote by Karvid

We are not a breed, a fellowship, or brothers of any kind. We have no code or policy. Challenge that guy and make him cry. What you do does NOT represent any of us.

Also, just cause you challenge him doesn't mean you're a dick. It can be a friendly duel.