So today i got me my first Tube Amp today!! It arrived in the mail and i love it! Its a Fender Champion 600. I wanted something simple, and for great cleans. And the cleans are so amazing. But id like to overdrive it further. The current overdrive is alright. Better than what i expected, but i want to push it further. Nothing extreme. But just for fun! A little bluesy is the plan. Alternative rock maybe with a hint of grunge. But Blues mainly. I was thinking maybe a boost?? But i have no idea honestly.

And if anyone has any tips for a first time tuber, its appreciated. If you know anything about the amp, it has no standby, so i turn it to one, and let it sit before i play it, and after im done if thats necessary please let me know.
Well i can spend USD150> on it at max. Maybe a little more. So any other suggestions? And ill check it out. Ill borrow a friends.
A bad monkey don't quite have enough gain if you want a low volume ovderdrive. A Cool cat crive(Fulltone ocd clone) has a big boost and a nice amount of gain for a budget overdrive. You could upgrade the preamp tube to a tungsol 12ax7 to give a little more gain too.

I've been thinking about getting one of these, at what volume does it start to break up?
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Quote by JoePerry4life
A bad monkey don't quite have enough gain if you want a low volume ovderdrive. A Cool cat crive(Fulltone ocd clone) has a big boost and a nice amount of gain for a budget overdrive. You could upgrade the preamp tube to a tungsol 12ax7 to give a little more gain too.

I've been thinking about getting one of these, at what volume does it start to break up?

It gets a nice little breakup around 7 or 8 on the low channel and 6 or 7 on the high. It sounds nice cranked on both channels, but i think i like the low better personally. I have Humbuckers so im pretty excited to get some single coils and play. The cleans are amazing. And its sexy as hell!

And i dont need a budget anything really.... But ill look into it if it works