I really like the kind of overdrive that KISS uses. I know they used their Marshall amps. But what would get me a mid-to-late 70's type distortion reminisencent of the band?
do you want amp suggestions, pedal suggestions, or both? also, what is your budget? as far as amps go, nothing does marshall like marshall. for pedals, check out the zvex box of rock or mi audio crunch box
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM strat with dimarzio pups
JCM800
Egnater Rebel 30
Takamine Acoustic
tons of pedals
MI Crunch Box.

Massive amount of british gain.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE LURKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
also check out the rothwell hellbender. it's sounds fantastic.
Gear :

Gibson Les Paul Special
Fender Koa Stratocaster
Korg Pitchblack
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby Wah
BBE Boosta Grande
Fulltone OCD v4
EHX Russian Big Muff Pi
Vox Night Train
Egnater Rebel 112x Cab
Marshall Class 5
Quote by phobiafreak949
do you want amp suggestions, pedal suggestions, or both? also, what is your budget? as far as amps go, nothing does marshall like marshall. for pedals, check out the zvex box of rock or mi audio crunch box

I am looking for pedals. Also I will be running this through a Fender Deluxe Reverb if that helps.

What about the MXR Distortion? Or would that not work?
I have a Digitech RP350 processor, its not the best. If I like the models of the MXR Dist and the DOD-250 on the processor, that means I'll like the real thing even more, right?
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
no

the disti on your RP (like my RP250) is digital reproductions at best. Sounds meh.

*PS I'm a KISS fan and I've played the Crunch Box so try that*

well, yeah. All processors are models. Mere emulations if you will. The real thing is always gonna sound better than a copy. An actual JCM is gonna sound leaps and bounds better than a model of one.

Anyway, I think I'm gonna head over to GC and try stuff next time I get a chance.
Last edited by neptune1988 at Aug 1, 2009,
One of these for sure!!
Of what I've tried a crunch box would work great. Same for an OCD, but I'd still prefer the crunch box.

If you've got the cash a radial plexitube, or hot british would work well, same for a mad professor mighty red distortion. Not tried any of those three myself though, just going on clips here.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not