This is really old, if anyone was around during my first wave of thursday-esque post hardcore songs, you'll remember me posting an unfinished version of this. Last night I found it and decided to finish it.

It still feels a little unfinished though, so of course criticism is welcome.
Attachments:
POstttt.zip
I like the use of the chords. Triplet rhythm was great in the sixth measure. Piano is amazing especially when it is coupled with the use of the guitar chords and the riff at 22-25. The 27 and 28 build up is great as well. Percussion track is fitting. The bass solo around 41-48 doesn't really add much, and I'm not to crazy about it. The track one guitar progression that starts at 49 is too drawn out; it really only adds character when the band comes back in at around 73, but it still goes on way to long. I'd say reduce this to about 25% of its length up to where the Rhodes Piano comes back in at 97. Increase the volume of the track one guitar part when it does the solo doo-dad. Ending is alright, but something is missing that I can't put my finger on.

All in all, great song. 8/10 for sure, and this could easily be a 9 or 9.5 if you trimmed a little bit of the song down.

C4C?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1172471
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

Thanks for the crit. You do have to realize though, that this is all going to house lyrics. Try not to look at it as you would an instrumental.

Also, the 'bass solo' is actually the 2nd verse.

regardless, I do appreciate your criticism and I'll it all take into consideration.
Quote by Thomasoman
Thanks for the crit. You do have to realize though, that this is all going to house lyrics. Try not to look at it as you would an instrumental.

Also, the 'bass solo' is actually the 2nd verse.

regardless, I do appreciate your criticism and I'll it all take into consideration.

No problem man. Good song.

It might help to label the song in sections, if you feel so inclined to do so.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

Pretty good song bro. I like the posthardcore feel as always .
I wasnt fan of the lone bass bars 41-48 I think if you added a bit of ambiance behind it it would sound much much better. I really like your use of drums.
bars 73 and on were awesome except for one thing the synth strings didnt really work for me i dunno haha. Also you need to do some volume adjusting other than that really sweet. 8.5/10
Crit my current work?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1173631

I just want some suggestions on where to take the riffs and stuff.
Last edited by mtgold83 at Aug 1, 2009,