i'm moving to Boston and i was wondering if there is any good Blues clubs around there, and if so where?
My Gear:

I finally got my guitar and amp!:

MIM Fender Candy Apple Red Stratocaster
Vox VT30
30 Year Old Hofner 12-String Acoustic (i got this for free!)
Boston Blues Club....BBC...BIGBLAC*CK......Bring Back Canada....
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
boston blues club has a good variety.
What are you dense?
Are you retarded or something?
Who the hell do you think I am?
I'm the goddamn Batman.

April 19th, 2011: The Night of the Boob

I'm shipping up to Boston, ohhhhhhhh
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
House of Blues, they have a lot of punk and indie acts, but they also regularly have local bluesy groups, also if you like local bands The Middle East has a lot of $10 or less shows... Welcome to Boston!
Last edited by EBC at Aug 1, 2009,
just to let you guy's know i used to live there, but that was years ago.
My Gear:

Vox VT30
Hey, if you're ever around in Wareham, give me a ring. We can have a jam session. =D
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
that's around where my sister lives so maybe.
My Gear:

Vox VT30
Quote by RentACar
But the question remains... are you Shipping up to Boston?

FUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Anyway; I dunno. Best to go around to clubs once you get there, and find out.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
I live in Boston!!

Welcome! There are some pretty great bars here in Boston. Check out Wally's Jazz Cafe. They have Jazz Jams on the weekends and a Blues night on monday, even though it is a Soul band that plays. After the bands set, they allow people to come up and play with them and they'll play whatever blues number you want. That is the place I really go to quite often.

Aside from that, I know that there are TONS of blues jams at several bars around town. Check out Harvard Square and some of the streets off of Packard's Corner, and that general area.

Also, google can help you find some badass bars/shows/clubs. Also, I jam on the blues quite regularly with some friends, so if you are looking for a jam session, drop me a line.
There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Take a trip down the Scenic River

Call me Charlie.
Quote by Seryaph
I live in Boston!!

Welcome! There are some pretty great bars here in Boston. Check out Wally's Jazz Cafe. They have Jazz Jams on the weekends and a Blues night on monday, even though it is a Soul band that plays. After the bands set, they allow people to come up and play with them and they'll play whatever blues number you want. That is the place I really go to quite often.

Aside from that, I know that there are TONS of blues jams at several bars around town. Check out Harvard Square and some of the streets off of Packard's Corner, and that general area.

Also, google can help you find some badass bars/shows/clubs. Also, I jam on the blues quite regularly with some friends, so if you are looking for a jam session, drop me a line.

i'm gonna take a random guess that this place is also a bar and kids aren't allowed, am i right?
My Gear:

Vox VT30
Quote by LesPaulFan58
i'm gonna take a random guess that this place is also a bar and kids aren't allowed, am i right?

Yeah, it is a bar.

Some of the blues joints might allow +18 but if you are younger than that than I don't think blues clubs are going to be happening for you yet.

Unless you are in the band of course.
There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Take a trip down the Scenic River

Call me Charlie.
TT The Bear's in Cambridge and Johnny D's in Somerville are good places. Johnny D's also has a blues jam every Sunday afternoon
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Quote by beau05
I'd say country or bluegrass would be pretty difficult, for being inbred is a pre-requisite
Quote by Seryaph
Yeah, it is a bar.

Some of the blues joints might allow +18 but if you are younger than that than I don't think blues clubs are going to be happening for you yet.

Unless you are in the band of course.

great 3 more years, but whatever, practice makes perfect, but then again nobody is perfect.
My Gear:

Vox VT30