I am looking for a nice delay pedal. I have a delta lab digital delay it's great but it isn't as complex as other delays. I want a delay sound like on the post rock pedalboard video on YouTube. At the start of the video I love that delay sound. I can't post the link because I'm on my iPod sorry. I would also like a delay pedal to be really nice for shred and neo classical metal. My budget is $200. I play thrash metal but I also love just random spacey type sounds. I like infinite delay sounds. Maybe I can go used if the music shop has stuff. I can't buy things of off craigslist or eBay. I am looking at the boss dd20. What are some other options? I would like it for the pedal to change between delay presets like the boss dd20. The nova delay looks good but it's expensive. I also want a delay like the echo song by Paul Gilbert so tap tempo would be nice. All help would be appreciated
Used DD20 or line 6 DL4.

I'll recommend the EHX SMMH, however it isn't much of a delay, more of an echo.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE LURKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Im a big fan of the line 6 dl4. Check it out. Its got some amazing stuff. I think its up your alley.
I have an MXR Carbon Copy. They're pretty awesome.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
dd7. most versatile delay out there. even has a built in analog delay mode and loop station mode
I second the carbon copy, if you want analog. It isn't as versitile as the DD20 though.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
You could probably get 2 used Boss delay pedals. For around the same price as a line 6 DL4.

Atleast in Australia.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by silly hats
You could probably get 2 used Boss delay pedals. For around the same price as a line 6 DL4.

Atleast in Australia.

Yea the DL4 is pricey. But i like it. Its got some amazing features

I think the best sounding delay, it the Carbon copy. but i think the DL4 has more things youd be interested in. Thats me though.
Quote by nickdohle
Yea the DL4 is pricey. But i like it. Its got some amazing features

I think the best sounding delay, it the Carbon copy. but i think the DL4 has more things youd be interested in. Thats me though.

+1

The Carbon Copy isn't that versitile, but sounds awesome.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
If you want nice spacey sounds, I would recommend you to go for the MXR Carbon Copy Delay ( I own one ) and it's amazing. But, if you are looking for crazy long long looooooooong delay settings, go for a digital delay..maybe Boss
Gear:
*Ibanez TBX150H 150w Head
*Ibanez IS412CA angled cabinet
*Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
*Boss BF-3 Flanger
*Ibanez WD7 Weeping Demon Wah
*MXR Carbon Copy Delay
*Squier by Fender Stratocaster
*Jackson Randy Rhoads RR1 (Made in India)
Quote by Jairzinski
If you want nice spacey sounds, I would recommend you to go for the MXR Carbon Copy Delay ( I own one ) and it's amazing. But, if you are looking for crazy long long looooooooong delay settings, go for a digital delay..maybe Boss

Why you get two.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
If you go analog, I'd go for the EHX Memory Boy over the Carbon Copy.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
teh new EHX memory boy?? if u can wait till it comes out, im not sure wen tho
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Halfstack
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
TC Electronics Nova Delay/Repeater. Fantastic pedals.
Greco 59-50 Mint Collection - 1982 - Iron Gear Hot Slag/Rolling Mill
Schecter Tempest Classic Goldtop
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB/EF86 2x12 - Lorantz Greenback's
MI Audio Blues Pro Overdrive

Quote by Danyg
^ this guy defines the term "being right".
The carbon copy sounds wonderful but It doesn't have many features luke my delay now. The boss dd20 has way more features and can be bought at the same price used.
Thanks for all your help everyone. I have decided that I will get the boss dd 20. It's cheaper and I like the fact that you can have four presets. The dl4 is probally better but it is out of my price range doesn't have as many presets and has allot of useless effects. I'll try to pick the dd20 up used
The DL4

or second to that the DD-7-endless possibilities :P
My Gig Rig...

Fender Straocaster or Gibson Les Paul Slash Special -->Lovepedal Amp 50 --> Boss DD-3 --> Crybaby(soon to be Wh10 reissue) --> Big Muff PI --> Boss DS-2 --> Marshall JCM 900
I have the Boss DD-20 and I love it, great pedal. Totally customizable delay, loop option, tap option and I don't know if it's me but it ads a little something to my tone IMO.
VOX AC15 Classic Combo
Gibson SG Menace
Parker p-42
AnalogMan modified TS-9 Tubescreamer
Boss DD-20 Giga-Delay
Boss Compression sustainer
Maxon AF-9 Auto Filter Wah