So Im finally coming close to getting a b.c. rich stealth that Ive wanted for awhile but I had a question. Since the only production model has a bridge pickup I wanted to get it routed for a neck one. I wasnt too sure how much this would cost and how much it would affect the tone. I was also considering getting it routed for a floyd rose but from what Ive heard that gets rid of alot of the sustain and again Im not too sure how much it would cost. Could someone give me a ballpark estimate for both?
I'd say for both like 200, I think routing is expensive. Routing out a neck pickup wouldn't really affect tone, not sure on the floyd though.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
You could do the routing yourself and save some money.

If it's this guitar,

then you'll have quite a bit of work to do to add a Floyd. You could add a Kahler instead, it supposedly has the same range as a Floyd, but with no routing needed.

Alternatively, you could just build your own stealth and make it exactly what you want.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Last edited by bv310 at Aug 1, 2009,
First off, how much does the Stealth you're looking at buying go for? Here's why: Jackson and Ibanez both make guitars that look very much like a B.C. Rich Stealth. Check out Jackson Warriors, there's one with two humbuckers with an FR-style tremolo, and Ibanez Xiphos, also available with two humbuckers and FR (look them up at Musiciansfriend or something). They are both less than $1000, which the only remaining Stealth is being sold for (AFAIK). Plus Ibanez and Jackson guitars are better quality (though that's personal opinion) and I prefer the body shape and headstocks. Also the Chuck Schuldiner Tribute (assuming that's the guitar you're referring to) has alder, not optimal for humbucker guitars (IMO; I'd rather use mahogany or something) (but the Jackson has alder also)... either way, consider this wisely, if you were talking about that one B.C. Rich.

Edit: The guitar Brock showed is the B.C. Rich I'm assuming you're talking about.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
Yeah thats the model sorry I should have specified that. I dont really like the feel of the ibanez guitars. I might go this weekend to try the xiphos. I have bigger hands and the Rich is similar to my current guitar from my understanding. And I havent really routed much so Im not very comfortable with doing the work myself.

EDIT: It goes for about a $1000, B.C. Rich only produces one model right now.

EDIT THE 2nd: And thanks for the heads up about the khaler I havent heard of that before.
Last edited by neozeke at Aug 1, 2009,
khaler you still need routing. just less... also you need to route your neck for an FR nut. and you need to purchase an FR and a decent one is quite expensive, so you dont only pay for routing, still need to buy a bunch of sh!t. Best thing to do is wut asfastasdark said and get an ibanez xiphos or jackson warrior. you should go with the jackson cause the headstocks are similar too
Quote by AmericanParadox
cuztomizing guitars = best thing in the world. Better than sex.

GB&C RULES

Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Fr
Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Boss Ds-1
Digitech RP55
Ibanez WD7 Weeping Demon
Ibanez Fz7 Fuzz
Marshall MG10CD 40W
Modded POS Strat
Yeah Ive looked at the prices for floyds and they arent too bad. If I sold some stuff I could afford it. The floyd is something that would be nice buy not necessary I dont really use them to often and I figure itll end up going to waste. Theres something about the warrior I dont like. The xpihos looks a bit funny but Id still play it.
imo floyds suck the tone...
and neck pickup? wtf! this guitar is pure metal!

ohh and if you want a "nicer" soundig guitar with simuler feel, ( i mean neck pup, more tonal options, diff wood) go for the bc rich mockingbird.

the bc rich mockingbird and stealth supposble feel the same, the stealth is a mockingbird with a diff shape ect ect.

chuck liked mockongbirds, so his stealth was modeled on them (in neck, and scale length)
so if you want all the tone and switches, get a mockimgbird.

imo there sexy too! sept the head...

i think its a little silly to buy the chuck stealth if ypu want a FR and anything but a X2N.
or yo could ask bc rich to make you a handmade stealth/mockingbird, or maybe even a igniter! (also chuck used.)
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
The pricing for a professional to do the routing would be very expensive. Plus, even with a professional, you might have issues with paint chipping.

I think there is a lot more to it than just routing a pickup route. He would need to drill a hole for the wires to go to the control cavity, then holes for extra pots if needed or a switch. That's quite a bit of work. At $80/hr, you'd be looking at some pretty hefty fees.
Quote by metal-matt
imo floyds suck the tone...
and neck pickup? wtf! this guitar is pure metal!

ohh and if you want a "nicer" soundig guitar with simuler feel, ( i mean neck pup, more tonal options, diff wood) go for the bc rich mockingbird.

the bc rich mockingbird and stealth supposble feel the same, the stealth is a mockingbird with a diff shape ect ect.

chuck liked mockongbirds, so his stealth was modeled on them (in neck, and scale length)
so if you want all the tone and switches, get a mockimgbird.

imo there sexy too! sept the head...

i think its a little silly to buy the chuck stealth if ypu want a FR and anything but a X2N.
or yo could ask bc rich to make you a handmade stealth/mockingbird, or maybe even a igniter! (also chuck used.)

Yeah my guitar currently is somewhat similar to chucks stealth. I was wanting to have one set up so its closer to this

But with an x2n and something pretty sounding in the neck. I might get an mockingbird or a xpihos.
Last edited by neozeke at Aug 1, 2009,
Well the main thing is Chuck had a custom shop model and had Bc do what he wanted to the stealth so the only real way to get his guitar without routing or bringing it to a pro would to get the Bc proshop built to the exact specs. Which would get Expencive fast. So yeah the alternitive guitars that have the set up you want would be best.
Hearing about a pair of great boobs is like hearing about a really cool bug or lizard as a kid and you just gotta see it.
Last edited by Unherolike at Aug 1, 2009,