So I'm thinking of upgrading my Squier strat to a MIM Fender and I'm wondering what would be a good amp to replace my Frontman 15g with. My dillemna is that I have an RP150. I don't know what kind of amp to use to grind out some good Rock/Metal tones and yet still have good cleans. I was looking at a Roland Cube 20X but i don't know that I need the effects. Help?
budget?

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
If I'm lucky, around the price of the Cube 20. So I'd say 200 Bucks ish.
Your best choice would be to save more money, or get a better amp then save up for that MIM strat.

-Gibson LP VM
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Mmk. Even If I'm just practicing for myself? I just want an amp which will do the job.
If you're going to want metal from a Strat, be sure to get an HSS model...

And I'd say the Peavey Vypyr 30 is ideal for practice/just jamming with friends, but if you're going to want better tones or maybe something a bit louder for playing shows and what not, save more money.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I was going to aim for the HSS. And will that amp be able to take the RP150 and generate some decent sounds from it, AND standalone?
Quote by nolifeXD
I was going to aim for the HSS. And will that amp be able to take the RP150 and generate some decent sounds from it, AND standalone?

The Vypyr 30 would probably obsolete your RP150. If you really want to use the RP150, get an Epiphone Valve Junior or something...
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Wowow. Took a couple good looks at the Vypyr 30. Looks amazing. Thanks for the suggest. I'll definitely look into it. Would it do well with a MIM HSS strat?
If you want to use the RP150- Epiphone Valve Junior
If not- Peavey Vyper 30

-Gibson LP VM
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Assuming I go the HSS MIM Strat direction, Could I get a decent... A7X tone outta the Vypyr?