So, this is a thread to commemorate the beauty of financial aid. I don't expect this to be a highly successful thread, but I thought i would use it to celebrate.

I've been struggling heavily wish money lately. My girlfriend and I have been living very well below our means, due to our economic status (i.e., were extremely poor). But I finally got my financial aid to finalize, which granted me a little over 19,000 for one academic year. That means (for those of you not in college), I will be getting roughly 8,500 dollars back per semester for this year. Which means I can finally let go of the stress that I've been bearing.

Here is what I plan to do with my money so far:

Buy a car: which is 1,250 (It's used, and I've already talked to the owner)
Pay some unwanted debts I have (1,000)

Which leaves me with about 6,250 for the next six week of this semester.

Share your stories of financial aid, or struggles with cash. I'm hoping other people will appreciate this!
I got $0 financial aide and will be in debt for about 20 years
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
They helped me once with a summer class
Hope is the worst of evils, for it prolongs the torment of man
yeah im going to a college that costs 36k a year but i only have to pay 5k a year thanks to financial aid

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Quote by SPBY
yeah im going to a college that costs 36k a year but i only have to pay 5k a year thanks to financial aid

Mine is 19k a year, and I have to pay 19k a year
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
You dirty commie pinkos.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by TunerAddict
Mine is 19k a year, and I have to pay 19k a year

well, i have to pay 5k a year, im gonna have to pay off like 45k in loans at the end. But it's worth it because there's a 99% chance ill get hired within the first 6 months out of school with the major im taking. (that's what the college survey said anyway, average salary being 60k)

here's hoping that's all true

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Quote by SPBY
well, i have to pay 5k a year, im gonna have to pay off like 45k in loans at the end. But it's worth it because there's a 99% chance ill get hired within the first 6 months out of school with the major im taking. (that's what the college survey said anyway, average salary being 60k)

here's hoping that's all true

What is your major?
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

yeop, my school costs 45 grand a year and I'm paying 11 (including room and board). Only 2 grand in loans a year too, so I'm graduating with 8 grand in loans total for four years of school, yeah financial aid is awesome.
Quote by LordByron
yeop, my school costs 45 grand a year and I'm paying 11 (including room and board). Only 2 grand in loans a year too, so I'm graduating with 8 grand in loans total for four years of school, yeah financial aid is awesome.

Are you guys just trying to make me sad right now or what?
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Sorry, I never had a problem with financial aid. I did have to help my friends with some loans because it seems that everyone except for me is terrible at managing their finances.
*A list of all my gear*

Varg/J Mascis/GG Allin are all the same person.

There are two types of people in this world: people who like Bolt Thrower, and people who suck.

Death by diamonds and pearls.
Quote by TunerAddict
What is your major?

digital design, not graphic design, yes there's a difference.

digital design incorporates computer illustration, 3D modeling, video enhancement/creation, programming and stuff that could get me a career doing anything from making video games and CG movies to designing concept cars or architectural structures

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Quote by LordByron

What the hell? What college do you go to costs 45 grand a year? I'm assuming you're in the US. Still, even some of the most prestigious colleges in the US don't cost that much!
Quote by ConeShred
Sorry, I never had a problem with financial aid. I did have to help my friends with some loans because it seems that everyone except for me is terrible at managing their finances.

Oh, that's a funny one. Because every one who receives financial aid is terrible at saving money? I guess I must be in the same boat then, even though my mother died when I was 17, and I never even met my father?

So next time you make a ****ing stupid ass remark like that, remember that not every one who gets financial aid is poor, you ****ing jack ass. I don't have any family left. And that's not any sort of exaggeration. None. Not one single relative. I've been on my own since I was 17, and I am ****ing proud of myself for being in college.

So go stuff your ass hole with some more of your arrogant pride, dick wad.

Edit: Double post, my bad.
So do only USA citizens get financial aid?

Example, if I go to USA for studies, am I still eligible for it? Just curious
Quote by Daffodil Lament
Oh, that's a funny one. Because every one who receives financial aid is terrible at saving money? I guess I must be in the same boat then, even though my mother died when I was 17, and I never even met my father?

So next time you make a ****ing stupid ass remark like that, remember that not every one who gets financial aid is poor, you ****ing jack ass. I don't have any family left. And that's not any sort of exaggeration. None. Not one single relative. I've been on my own since I was 17, and I am ****ing proud of myself for being in college.

So go stuff your ass hole with some more of your arrogant pride, dick wad.

Edit: Double post, my bad.

Hey bro, don't get so irritated. I was talking about the people that I know, who still have their parents and whatnot. I didn't direct it towards you.

Seriously, sorry you took it that way, but if I actually knew your situation I wouldn't have posted that. Just because I'm good at managing my money/and am not in a very tight situation doesn't mean that I'm a rich and ignorant jackass.

EDIT: Honestly, this is the internet. Don't take what people say here personally. This is The Pit.
*A list of all my gear*

There are two types of people in this world: people who like Bolt Thrower, and people who suck.

Last edited by ConeShred at Aug 1, 2009,
hellz yeah!

i just got a vision card!

ie free food! my uncle buys my groceries.

Uncle Sam!!

...hes also paying me to go to college

Quote by King Twili
It's just me and Doris here ;_;

Quote by Zaphikh
Poops is the chat MC - but here we know him as Early Cuyler.

Free Downloads, Yo!
Quote by ConeShred
Hey bro, don't get so irritated. I was talking about the people that I know, who still have their parents and whatnot. I didn't direct it towards you.

Seriously, sorry you took it that way, but if I actually knew your situation I wouldn't have posted that. Just because I'm good at managing my money/and am not in a very tight situation doesn't mean that I'm a rich and ignorant jackass.

EDIT: Honestly, this is the internet. Don't take what people say here personally. This is The Pit.

Okay, my apologies. I did jump the gun on that one. Friends?

Quote by Daffodil Lament
Okay, my apologies. I did jump the gun on that one. Friends?

It's all good. I usually go on a giant ragetrain too, but I try to be as rational as possible, and I don't blame you for saying that stuff, given your situation.
*A list of all my gear*

ladder match...
Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95
People only come here to get sigged anyway

Quote by Basti95
Rats, I thought someone would sig it and make me famous...

it was going to be my big break

Quote by ConeShred
It's all good. I usually go on a giant ragetrain too, but I try to be as rational as possible, and I don't blame you for saying that stuff, given your situation.

Ragetrains are fun. But it's not my situation that I'm in that angered me. I mostly flipped out because I'm drunk as ****.
I read the title and instantly thought charity.
I should read more into threads sometimes.

http://www.alexslemonade.org/home

Little girl got cancer, and decided to set up a lemonade stand to raise $1,000,000 for charity research.
Think that was a ridiculous goal?

She is now responsible for raising over $25,000,000.

She however did die a few years back, but still...
****in' amazin'.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Quote by Daffodil Lament
Ragetrains are fun. But it's not my situation that I'm in that angered me. I mostly flipped out because I'm drunk as ****.

WELL THEN,
*A list of all my gear*

Quote by Oroborous
Financial aid ended up raping me

How did financial aid end up raping you?

Albeit, I did the math, and after I complete my schooling here, and grad school at at Boston U, I'll owe about 170,000 in student loans, I'd be raped too.

So if you're in that situation I'd understand

Quote by luv090909

i'm poor and cant go to college now
My Deviantart

Great Minds Think Alike
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
You sigged me, AND had an idea the same as mine!
I like you.

About my Lady Gaga/Pokemon parody
Quote by Mike50227
XD not bad

Quote by ExOblivione
You're my hero.

Quote by myevilside
I must say, i love it!
When I went to college I got £10 a month to pay for "Books, extending teaching and bus fares"

They were seriously having a laugh, and I'm not even getting it again this year

Good thing I'm an apprentice, or I would be digging a pretty large hole for myself
Has anyone pointed out to the TS that 'living below your means' would result in an excess of funds, which would obviate any need for financial aid.
my school costs $26k/year. financial aid grants are paying for $15k/year for that. however, i think the state of illinois dropped out on one of the grants so it drops down to $12k/year which really sucks. so, now i'm paying the rest with federal loans.
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by paintITblack39
my school costs $26k/year. financial aid grants are paying for $15k/year for that. however, i think the state of illinois dropped out on one of the grants so it drops down to $12k/year which really sucks. so, now i'm paying the rest with federal loans.

I feel you there. As a freshman in college this semester, I have to come up with $17k/year after they give me $9k/year in scholarships/grants/aid. I'm not sure how I'm going to do that yet, apart from selling drugs/my body.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
Living in Scotland FTW.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Quote by luv090909

I'm a Nepali citizen, and I'm going to the united states on 10th august. The total expenses are 16k but i'm only paying 4600$. It's a public university btw. no loans, parents are paying. do not have to pay them back.
Quote by Beserker

I would join in and make it an orgy, f*cking my father up the ass while he gives it hard to my sweet little pumpkin, culminating in me cumming all over his bearded face.

...is that what you wanted to hear?