I'm moving from New Jersey to Los Angeles in 13 days. I'm going into 10th grade this year and I'm kinda scared because i don't know what to expect. Can anybody in the pit tell me how life in Cali or Los Angeles in general is? If it helps im moving to a town called Cerritos and i don't know jack **** about this area. some friendly advice and tips would be welcomed

P.S. is Compton a really ghetto town?
Cerritos is extremely close to Compton (which is really ghetto). BUT Cerritos is extremely safe compared to Compton.
WHO'S GONNA BUY ME A VALVEKING?!?!?!
You're out of Jersey, whats to be upset about?
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
:0 Don't leave Jersey! it's the best state! Where in Jersey are you?
Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

Are there any other members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who are dead?
Quote by TunerAddict
You're out of Jersey, whats to be upset about?

Well im leaving alot of my close friends and i won't be able to see them again and I hear its a whole different world in the other side of America. I don't know how i'll adjust.

^I live in the Bergen County region.
well now you can brag about your basketball team

bring a gun wherever you go
don't make eye contact with anyone, if you do,get out of town
only say yes to drugs you sure are legit
compton is a ghetto
Quote by zombies
Well im leaving alot of my close friends and i won't be able to see them again and I hear its a whole different world in the other side of America. I don't know how i'll adjust.

^I live in the Bergen County region. you?

My cousing moved out to Sacramento and loves it. Says its sunny everyday...

Meanwhile we're from Binghamton, NY, one of the rainiest cities in the country, and I think the cloudiest...

Of course, I like rain and clouds...
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
santa barbara ftw. haha
Quote by Le_Bunny
LE shoop? It must be rad. And yes, I see potential.

P.S. nobody google 'man train'.

Oh, you live in the other borough of New York City.

Sorry, I really don't like North-eastern Jersey, they're the ones that make New Jersey look bad with they're "Joisey" accents and New York-Style ways.

You're lucky you're getting away from that. Ocean County here.
Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

Are there any other members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who are dead?
Quote by Lgndkllr777
Oh, you live in the other borough of New York City.

Sorry, I really don't like North-eastern Jersey, they're the ones that make New Jersey look bad with they're "Joisey" accents and New York-Style ways.

You're lucky you're getting away from that. Ocean County here.

LOL but we have one of the best education programs and some really rich areas like Alpine and Englewood Cliffs.
California is one of the dirtiest states I have ever been too. If you like it then great, but I could never live there.
Quote by potcorn56
http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/corruption_in_nj/
thank god im not on that side of the delaware river
plus do you know in nj you play beer pong in the middle of the woods i guess its quite common over there

haha my town mayor was also arrested for corruption
and up here we don't play beer pong in the middle of the woods lmao. i think thats more middle or southern New Jersey custom.
Quote by zombies
haha my town mayor was also arrested for corruption
and up here we don't play beer pong in the middle of the woods lmao. i think thats more middle or southern New Jersey custom.

haha yea i was in phillipsburg ****ing weird there were black kids riding around on bikes at like 11pm i turn my head and all of a sudden they disappear good thing we had a guitar case full of beer
Quote by nincompoop
potcorn56, you are a god.
Dude I lived in Cerritos, I'm just a town over in La Palma! AND I used to live in Jersey! What the hell?!

EDIT:
And Cerritos is rich as hell, so it's really nice there
Quote by metabolicmaggot
Win. +1 cookie for hide the beer.

Last edited by hide_the_beer at Aug 2, 2009,