So I just bought a Line6 Spider III 15 amp.. and I noticed there's a feature where I can plug in headphones so I can practice quietly. But the jack obviously isn't 3.5mm or whatever the standard headphone size is.. do I need special headphones or maybe a special jack?

Being able to practice quietly would be so amazing with my current living conditions
Most headphones worth their salt come with an adaptor that screws on to the end, or is plugged into it. If not, you can probably go to an electronics store like The Source (in canada), or Radioshack, or a general electronics bits store, they should have one. ask for a 3.5mm to quarter inch adapter.
Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
you can buy an adapter for a standard pair of headphones at a place like radioshack that fits a 1/4" jack.
Equipment:

Dean VX
Dean Avalanche 7
Squire SE Stratocaster
Vox AD50VT
Boss OD-20
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Awesome I didn't realize it would be so easy! Thanks for the responses.

EDIT: Is it 1/8 or 1/4? The radioshack link shows 1/8..
its 1/8 to 1/4 adapter. regular headphones should be 1/8 and the jack on the spider is 1/4.
Guitars:

Mitchell MD100S
Yamaha CS40
Dean V-Coustic
Laguna LE122

Amp:
Line 6 Spider III 15W
you just need a 1/8 (normal headphones jack) to 1/4 (normal guitar jack) adapter
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR
Fender Stratocaster Custom
Epiphone Les Paul Classic (w/ EMG-81)
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
And why in hell did you buy a Line 6?

To answer your question about the measurements, standard headphones have a 3.5mm jack.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
u guys forgot your flame shields lol i personally dont mind the spider, its got some really nice heavy metal tones, that's it, it falls a bit short especially compared to the vypyr
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
Ahh yeah I forgot.

Well yeah, I thought the Line6 had some pretty nice features allaround and it was incredibly cheap too.. like 60 compared to like a Vox vt which was 200..