So I've been playing 6 string ibanez rg's for 15 years and im thinking of getting a 7 string. I came across an ibanez RG7621, which im assuming is a good guitar, japanese made. The RG 7621 is a fixed bridge. I use my floyd quite a bit so i', contemplaiting not getting the 7621 and saving some more money for a 7 string with floyd. my question is how stable are the ibanez floyds for a 7 string, as far as stability?
Last edited by ROCKSTARSPACE at Aug 1, 2009,
Ibanez Floyd? Are you talking about a Floyd Rose or an Ibanez Edge?
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
It's a great guitar, if it's in good condition get it; but as Pac_man0123 said, you can also look for the 7620 which comes with the Lo-Pro 7, in my opinion, the best 7 string trem ever made.
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
Quote by Pac_man0123
Look for a 7620. It's the same thing, but with a Lo-Pro 7 which is very high quality. The only downside is apparently they don't have as much pull-up due to the low profile but it really doesn't bother me at all.

Yeah, thats true, except in JEM's. Lo-Pros dont get a perfect fourth of pull-up range except in the JEM because of the lions claw. Same with the 7 string version, except UV's dont have a lions claw.