When playing time signitures such as 7/8, 9/8, 11/8, 13/8 ect. In which an Odd number of 8ths, 16ths, 32nds, ect. How would one use a metronome?
If I use the clicks as an 8th or 16th the beats don't go fast enough on any metronome I can find.

I thought possibly someone else in the techniques forum wouldk now of one for me to practice odd eighths and such.
I think that metronomes like the Boss Doctor Beat can do odd time signatures, but I'm not totally sure.
you can probably find a free computer application that'll do weird sigs. Go to like download.com or something so that you know you're not getting something malicious.
My Gear:

82 Gibson Explorer
Ibanez '03 JEM7VWH

Greg Byers '01 Classical (Euro Spruce bent top)
Darren Hippner 8 String Classical (Engelmann Spruce)
Alhambra 4P
Taylor 614ce
Framus Texan se. # 5/196

Diezel Herbert 2007
Mesa Recto 2x12
mine has a bell that you can set to ring on every 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 6th note. if yours doesn't do that, maybe just use it as a guideline and do some counting
Quote by tom1thomas1
mine has a bell that you can set to ring on every 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 6th note. if yours doesn't do that, maybe just use it as a guideline and do some counting

3rds and 6ths don't exist...

I am playing some songs in 7/8 and 9/8 at rather high tempos.
The counting would be 1 & 2 & 3 & 4 1 & 2 & 3 & 4 1 Ect.
But metronomes only tick in 2nds, 4ths, 8ths, ect.
If i use the clicks as quarter notes they are off timing with me, if I use them as 8ths they don't go fast nough to keep up.

EDIT: I looked up the Dr. Beat and it looks like it might be able to but I can't find demonstrations of it.
Last edited by [[BurnTheDusk]] at Aug 1, 2009,