Page 1 of 2
I've been having trouble sleeping recently, and I dislike it.

I've been going to bed fairly early 12:00 or 1:00.. but I lay in bed and can't really sleep until around 5-ish, then at 9:00 i wake up because that's what time my alarm is set for.. So, I would like to get a little more sleep.

I've decided to cut back on caffeine, and see if that helps. Is there anything the pit can suggest?
sup?
I have the same problem dude. Try not sleeping tonight and stay awake for the whole day and go to bed early tomorrow night.

EDIT: Also exercise every day to drain some energy.
Quote by fail
Either you're safe or you've won the whole damn thread.

Quote by CoreysMonster

epic win. total, epic win. this is probably the best OC ever created on UG.

kudos, sir.

kudos.
this usually gets me right to sleep

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z6xGU2_g9s

onto the serious answer: don't eat things before you go to bed. you will NOT fall asleep if you're still digesting stuff. maybe read a little before bed. probably dont wanna watch that video if you plan on sleeping NOW though.
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Aug 1, 2009,
Carbs. Apparently they have a relaxing effect on the body.

I read it in the health and nutrition thread.

Also, get off UG and exercise.

FAP, of course,

and benadryl. Works like a charm.

BlackEDIT:blindfatkid23 has a stressful argument, however I do use this technique from time to time.

I am a diagnosed insomniac, but the technique, (called the binge method) isn't really that healthy. I don't personally recommend it
GTFO my sig
Last edited by Th6r6a6sH at Aug 1, 2009,
Why don't you drink some alcohol. It's too late to buy any, so get some of that cleaning alcohol. Or some mouthwash. And drink it. Do it.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Why don't you drink some alcohol. It's too late to buy any, so get some of that cleaning alcohol. Or some mouthwash. And drink it. Do it.

But seriously, alcohol relaxes and everything, but don't use it as a crutch. (AA helped with that statement)

I sleep like a baby when drunk.
GTFO my sig
Quote by Th6r6a6sH

But seriously, alcohol relaxes and everything, but don't use it as a crutch. (AA helped with that statement)

Exactly. Drink rubbing alcohol.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Go, Hypno!

but seriously, exercise is probably your best bet. i know its really gay, but it can help you sleep.

aside from that, benadryl and alcohol work. i wouldnt suggest recreationaly taking benadryl for the hallucinations, its not worth it. even though hallucinations are pretty cool, it makes you feel terrible.

alcoholism it is! it beats the **** out of exercise.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Like someone said, stay up all night. Go to bed at a normal time to give you about 8-9 hours of sleep or so, and possibly read a bit before bed. It'll help.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Exactly. Drink rubbing alcohol.

um. ok.

All better. I will sleep now.
GTFO my sig
It isn't alcoholism if we're all here while he does it. Then it's social drinking.

Is this why people are voting me for Troll in the awards thread? I'm not trolling. This is legit advice.
Quote by vintage x metal

The Golden Girls are on Bravo channel
<Insert Witty Comment Here>

1981 Fender Lead I Seymour Duncan humbucker, Mesa BoogieIIIRectifer, MKIIRhodes,PRS
Quote by Jack Off Jill
It isn't alcoholism if we're all here while he does it. Then it's social drinking.

Is this why people are voting me for Troll in the awards thread? I'm not trolling. This is legit advice.

alcoholism is legit advice. im drunk right now! woo!
Thanks guys.

I'll try some of these things.. (mainly exercise)

Though I've found if I read before bed, I stay up too late reading.
sup?
Quote by Jack Off Jill

I think you'd be up for more of a Sarcasm Award.

You don't seem a troll, but a comedian of advice.

The Lewis Black, or George Carlin of the pit.

But I may be getting ahead of myself.
GTFO my sig
The reason for you not sleeping is probably something that has to do with your life. Get that sorted out if possible, or just accept it for what it is. Just try to relax some hours before going to sleep, dim the lights a bit, read a book or something. When you go to bed, it should NOT be "because you have to", but because you truly feel sleepy.
Quote by Th6r6a6sH

what i cant sleep when im drunk ! and dnt eat before you go to bed and go in the gym or something before you go to sleep works for me

Quote by Darkfly
begins with w and ends with ank?

this also works really well
Gear :
strat copy (SD Hotrails in bridge, Lil' 59 in Neck)
Orange Dual Terror
Orange PPC112
Pitchblack/SHO Clone/Morley PWA wah
Last edited by blenk at Aug 1, 2009,
Quote by Le_Bunny
Watertank? Yeah TS perhaps you could try paddling in a watertank until you feel tired enough to get out and sleep, or until you drown.

geez, lebunny, youre slow.

hes obviously talking about walking the plank. then you can sleep with the fishes.
Quote by metal_dude666
oh crap u serious thank god this is da pit otherwise it wouldnt have been so weird...

. . . ?
sup?
Don't eat before sleep, read. Don't drink coffee ( or any caffeinated drink ) before you sleep.
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination
Quote by Zugunruhe

hes obviously talking about walking the plank. then you can sleep with the fishes.

No no no, you're both wrong.

He needs to take a WALK on the BANK.

That will calm his head.
GTFO my sig
Quote by Th6r6a6sH
No no no, you're both wrong.

He needs to take a WALK on the BANK.

That will calm his head.

would if he were to wish for a skank? that would surely tire him out.
i LOVE sleep

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Wake up REAL EARLY one day. Do some exersize. Dont eat before bed.
Ive had insomnia my whole life. I can never just fall asleep. I always have to lie there for like 2-3 hours before I pass out.

Since I started playing guitar, everytime I count sheep to fall asleep I cant get past 4. I just go 1,2,3,4 and repeat the whole time.
Originally Posted by Dawginator
Lord Cheswick, you are a comic genius!

Originally Posted by blommen
the move of a true gentleman sir Jacek. short, civilised, and intellectual. hats off to you good sir
Quote by Zugunruhe
would if he were to wish for a skank? that would surely tire him out.

Then she would Whip out her Crank.

And he would be up for days.

I say he must wipe his mind blank.

That will surely calm him.

Find it odd we're making jokes here and arguing in the other thread?
I love UG.
GTFO my sig
Quote by Th6r6a6sH
Then she would Whip out her Crank.

And he would be up for days.

I say he must wipe his mind blank.

No no no, guys, you've got it all wrong. He needs to wait for some hank. Tom Hanks doubles as the sandman.
Quote by Dayman
No no no, guys, you've got it all wrong. He needs to wait for some hank. Tom Hanks doubles as the sandman.

Oh please, sandman?

No, if anything, he'll have to wash the stank from him to get to sleep.

It's fairly obvious now.

Or is TS asleep already?
GTFO my sig
Quote by Zugunruhe

Hahaha, I read that wrong. I thought you called her, "Lez Bunny." Like she's a lesbian or something. That'd be pretty cool. That's what I'm gonna call her from now on.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by stinger12345
Am I a total jerkoff if I suggest smoke pot?

Nope.

Matter of fact, it's already been done.

Dispersion of responsibility. A.k.a. This guy knows what I'm tlaking about!
GTFO my sig
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Hahaha, I read that wrong. I thought you called her, "Lez Bunny." Like she's a lesbian or something. That'd be pretty cool. That's what I'm gonna call her from now on.

Le Bunny has no gender whilst online ಠ_ಠ and if you do you'll be 'Wash the Stank'. Think carefully about that, Stanky.
Quote by Le_Bunny
Le Bunny has no gender whilst online ಠ_ಠ and if you do you'll be 'Wash the Stank'. Think carefully about that, Stanky.

I can live with that, Lez Bunny.
Quote by vintage x metal

Page 1 of 2