I was looking for a decent practice amp that sounds good with distortion pedals. Budget is around 400. Thanks
I reported this so that a mod will move it to the correct forum.

You will get much better answers in GGA
For "around" $400 I'd start with a Blues Junior and work down from there depending on what you play.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
anything with a clean channel will work if you mostly want to sound like the pedal. there really is no point to choosing one good amp over another if your not going to use the dirty channel of the amp. but on the other hand, you may want to find something in the $400 range that has a dirty channel you like. then you can forget about the distortion pedal completely. if your using a boss DS-1, that thing has got to go. even if you like it right now, trust me on this. my favorite cheap practice amp with distortion is the orange crush 30R. but if you have $400 - $450 try getting used mesa boogie caliber .22 (the DC-2) on ebay or craigslist. its a tube practice amp that works great with pedals, great reverb, independent controls for each channel, super powerfull interactive EQ. you'll be happy you did.
EAT YOUR GUITAR GEAR BLOG
Quote by BigDC
how difficult is it to build your own guitar?
Quote by Gibshall
It's hard, annoying, and makes you want to punch a baby.
Quote by scott58
For "around" $400 I'd start with a Blues Junior and work down from there depending on what you play.

if you plan on using pedals this is the way to go

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

I hate to ask, but what pedals? (please no MT2s)

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.