Hi, i currently own a Peavey Valveking 112 but its not really cutting it for what i want to do. I usually play fender guitars and the occasional humbucker guitar and play small to medium gigs in a function band aswell as a blues rock band. So my question is would the orange be a good upgrade, i already own a 2x12 orange cab and need clean blues to 80s rock/metal type levels of gain. I think the main problem i have with the valveking is the tone, i'm looking for a Richie Sambora/ Gary Moore type thing.

I'm hoping to try one soon, just finding a shop that stocks is'nt all fun and games so i wondered if anyone had any opinions.

Thanks
Jay
Last edited by jayscrivener at Aug 1, 2009,
absolutely
2005 PRS McCarty (20th Anniversary Edition)
Custom 67' Tele w/Bigsby
Gibson Les Paul Double Cut Standard
Larivee Acoustic
Fractal Audio Axe Fx II
Apogee Ensemble
Yamaha HS80s
A great amp. There are many other options though. Check out a cornford roadhouse 30.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

Go for it!
Ibanez RGA 8 (Dimarzio D Activator 8)->Rocktron Hush->Engl E530 preamp->Marshall 9200 poweramp->Marshall 4x12 closed back cab w/ G12t75's
Yes.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
yes
Gear:
Orange Rockerverb 100
Orange 4x12
Standard Tele
Ltd EC-400
Boss Super Chorus
Cry Baby
15" MacBook Pro
Akai MPD 24
it will sound significantly better than your valveking certainly, especially for those genre's - could be worth shopping around for different alternatives though
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more