I've just come back off holiday to find that apparently it won't work just thought I'd check with you guys if there was anything I might have missed that could make it work.
When I turn it on, even in standby I get a hum from the amp and I'm leaving the tubes to warm up for a long time maybe 10-15 mins but they are new tubes so don't they take a lot longer to warm up or something is that what I'm missing?
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

first off dont keep ur tubes on standby for more than 60 seconds, maybe 2 mins at max
second, maybe its a loose ground?
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Halfstack
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
Aren't the tubes supposed to get hot? I've turned it off now and I got that pop that happens if you don't turn it off to standby before you turn it off completley.

I'm gunna leave it to cool down now and then once it's cooled I'll go try just leaving it in standby for a lot less. Why don't you keep them in standby for that long? Does it damage them? I was told in the shop to leave them for longer 'cos they are new.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band

usually i dont think ur supposed to leave em for too long even if they are new
maybe u damaged ur tubes cos u kept em on standby for so long
then again i could be wrong
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Halfstack
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
my jcm900 does the same thing when it is on standby. doesnt bother me because it doesnt effect the toanz at all.
You should be able to leave your amp in standby for hours. That's the whole point of stand-by. You are getting a hum so you know the amp's working and getting through to the speakers... Maybe check your guitar lead... Dunno, mate. If all else fails - off to the workshop. Good luck with it , dude.
'04 Gibson Les Paul Custom '57 RI
'67 Gretsch Double Anniversary
'07 Fender USA Strat Deluxe
'71 Fender Jazzmaster
'02 G&L ASAT Classic USA
'64 Blackface Fender Showman
Red Knob The Twin
MarkIII Boogie
Marshall 2266C
Fender HRDV

Quote by soloXshredder
first off dont keep ur tubes on standby for more than 60 seconds, maybe 2 mins at max

That doesn't do anything except slightly decrease the life of the power tubes.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
I've tried with it all morning and got **** all off to the shop I go, I've tried different leads and all sorts, there's still a hum though and the tubes still get warm. I'm wondering if some wiring has come loose for the input or something like that.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band

Pretty sure that leaving your amp on standby for more than a few mins is not going to hurt it. BTW, when you're trying different leads, DO NOT leave the amp on while it is not plugged into a load. Make sure you're fully turning the amp off every time you intend to unplug it from the speakers.
Fender '04 Strat
MiM Sunburst with Maple Neck

Ibanez TS-808
Fender Blues Junior
Marshall JTM60