What would be better to improve tuning stability of my guitar:

just getting a graphite nut, does anyone know how much tht would cost and if it's hard to replace my existing nut?

or buying a locking nut from ebay and has anyone else done this and could offer a bit of advice or anything...

Thanks Peeps
I'd get locking tuners. Not sure how you could fit a locking nut on a stop bar guitar.
to use a locking nut you need fine tuners like they have on a floyd rose as when you tighten them it adjusts the tuning slightly.
No I meant "fit" as in installing one on a non-Floyd guitar.
Last edited by v2a2n2g2 at Aug 1, 2009,
Quote by v2a2n2g2
No I meant installing one on a non-Floyd guitar.

You'd need the fine tuners on that style of trem bridge., or else they will be out of tune, in varying degrees of sharp...ness.

So no, Get locking tuners with a graphite nut.
Quote by ShadowcastAlex
to use a locking nut you need fine tuners like they have on a floyd rose as when you tighten them it adjusts the tuning slightly.

Exactly. You don't use a locking nut on a non floyd guitar. Thats just stupid. It won't even fit in the nut slot. Just get a decent set of tuners.
There is a replacement stopbar style bridge out there w fine tuners. But there are better ways to get tuning stability on a guitar. Good tuners and a quality properly cut nut go a long way.
Quote by Matt420740
Exactly. You don't use a locking nut on a non floyd guitar. Thats just stupid. It won't even fit in the nut slot. Just get a decent set of tuners.

lol That's what I said didn't I?
Youd have to get a bridge with fine tuners, I think that B.B. King's gibson sig has one. Check it out
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by jamiemc1

just getting a graphite nut, does anyone know how much tht would cost and if it's hard to replace my existing nut?

I bought a graphtech one for around £5. Really easy to fit (even had instructions) on one guitar, but on my bullet, they had laquered over the end of the nut, which proved to be difficult to remove without chipping. In the end I actually made a flat style shelf as it had chipped and then glued on more rosewood/reshaped.

Show check if they have laquered over the ends. However, if you've got a les paul type (I mean an angled) headstock, it should be easier still.