Looking to get a new guitar to complement my Martin D28. Other than another dreadnot I do not know much about the other styles of guitars. Whats out there and what style of music do these lend themselves to ???? What have some of you folks done to add to your collection.

Bob J
Well Martin D28s are great guitars. I'm assuming you mean your dad's D28 because you wouldn't spend that much money on something you know little about.

First decide how much you want to spend, then why exactly you want something different than a dreadnaught.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Quote by lessy_p
what the **** is a dreadnot?

It's the kind of acoustic guitar that Slipknot plays for those tender moments.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
well, anytime you look at a smaller body style remember that the treble is going to increase because of the ratio between the sound hole and the body style, unless of course it's a classical, because they have smaller sound holes. takamine makes a lot of "NEX" guitars, which is basically a mini jumbo size. Also look at jumbo bodies. those two body styles with the deeper curves, tend to have a better dynamic range than a dread, but aren't as loud. Also look at martin 000 body guitars. I haven't played many guitars that sound better than the
000-15, and I haven't played Any small bodied guitars that sound better.
Thanks for all the info. What are the folks that post here play??? Any preferences or likes and dislikes????Bob J
i like jumbos, grand concerts and grand auditoriums, but i'm okay with dreads and classicals. not a fan of mini jumbos for some reason.

Quote by Hipgrncln
Thanks for all the info. What are the folks that post here play??? Any preferences or likes and dislikes????Bob J