ahh i have to download them..screw that.
Quote by grimms
All I know is that if UG were a prison, all of us will either be dead, a prison bitch, or a dead prison bitch.

Quote by stephen_rettie
just opens in another window

oh...
Quote by grimms
All I know is that if UG were a prison, all of us will either be dead, a prison bitch, or a dead prison bitch.

The purple Striker.... do want.
They're listing the Jersey Star? If that means they're going to make them again, I am buying one in a ****ing flash. The last tie they reissued those, the resulting guitars were pretty much the best guitars you'll ever touch.
Ooh and they've remade one of Richie's airbrush-finished guitars too.

I am going to be buying a ****tonne of Kramers in 2010.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Last edited by MrFlibble at Aug 1, 2009,
Yeah... That striker is nice... I still feel like Kramer is a little too 80's for me, but its cool.
Quote by mountain2012
I want a Fender because they are THE American rock sound. I'm proud to be an American.

Gear:
1981 Gibson Les Paul Firebrand

Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss SD-1
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-7
EHX LPB-1
My computer refuses to let me download them. Can someone please download them, upload them to photobucket or something, and post that here?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
^^ Seriously, look at that ****. God damn. Kramer are going to be raping my bank balance left right and centre throughout 2010. I missed out on getting a Jersey Star last time, no way am I missing out on it this time. Might even get two, have the bridge locked on one.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by Killedelphia19

That second Kramer, I must need to know name, price, and when I can buy it.
Last edited by azn_guitarist25 at Aug 2, 2009,
If the Jersey Star's toggles do what I think they do(Bridge and neck coil-splitting), I'm sold on one, as well as possibly that Les Paul.

The LP's are different for 2010, supposed to come out this year actually. It'll be a 25.5in scale with a FR, licensed of course. Something like this....

The Pacer Classic will an overseas version, its not the USA made Pacer Imperial that they came out with last year and still have. The Jersey Star I think they will still make, not all the guitars on the list will not be made except the 2010 of course but I have a feeling the JS will be put back into production because they had it hanging in the NAMM booth this winter along with the others.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Quote by necrosis1193
If the Jersey Star's toggles do what I think they do(Bridge and neck coil-splitting), I'm sold on one, as well as possibly that Les Paul.
Bizarrely, they're splits for the bridge and middle pickups, with the neck remaining a full humbucker. However the one I've played previously had been modded so the middle split also split the neck pickup too. Personally I would change it so the bridge split was a neck split instead, not sure I'd bother with a bridge split at all. Anyway.

Even without splits, the JS reissue I played before was without a doubt the single best guitar I've ever gotten my hands on and there has not been a day that's gone by since then that I haven't regretted not buying it. Neck's around an ESP/Jackson shape, little thicker and softer than an Ibanez neck but certainly not a Fender neck. Frets were about the same size as the modern 'player' Fenders, not the almost scalloped feel of Ibanez necks but taller than a traditional Strat's frets. Body was the most comfortable body I've ever felt, sits in your lap or hangs along your body perfectly. All-maple body and neck, even though it has a Floyd bridge it's still the best sustaining guitar I've ever found. Stock humbuckers were pretty nice though I do think the bridge could do with being changed to something a little meatier, it's a bit thin and almost Telecaster-sounding with the combination of the maple body and the Floyd bridge. I really liked having just the one volume control, means no part of your playing is lost. Harmonics screamed out of that guitar like nothing else I'd ever heard, even with low gain.

I was and still am blown away by how much I loved it. Never found a guitar that could go from blues to metal to country tones so fast and even though I don't like vibrato bridges, especially Floyds, it was still such a dream to play.

I really can't stop touching myself over the Jersey Star

Quote by DSOTM80
but I have a feeling the JS will be put back into production because they had it hanging in the NAMM booth this winter along with the others.
It damn well better do, during it's last run it was by far their most popular model. They'd be stupid to not make it again.
Last edited by MrFlibble at Aug 2, 2009,
the striker...

fuuuuuuu why do i have to be broke?
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Quote by Pac_man0123
Wow do people really have to quote 5 pictures to ask about one? .
I don't get why people quote pictures at all. Edit your quotes. There's no need to have the same picture repeated five times a page, or if there was no text then just leave in the URL of the image or just word your post better so people know what guitar it is you're talking about without you having to quote a 2319x4519 image.
Some of them are alright. I like the Semi hollow for some reason. Afew of the reissues are sweet. Love the polkadots :P
Quote by JAustinMunn

My first guitar still has residue from an unfortunate ranch dressing incident

Quote by jpnyc
I played this guitar once. It unleashed the ****ing fury and I got kicked out of Guitar Center.
So, as long as the Jersey Star seems to be the best of the lot,(One volume pot + three pickups + coil-splitting on two, albeit a bridge split would be nice too + 24 maple frets = love on a guitar) anyone know how much it'll go for once released?

Gah... "1984" and "reissue" should not be in the same sentence...

im now officially ancient...
Quote by necrosis1193
anyone know how much it'll go for once released?
Last time they had a list price of $1100 but they were actually sold at $800 to start with, then went up to about $1200 at the very end of their run once MusicYo realised people were willing to sell their legs to have one.

Obviously I have no way of knowing, but as a guess I would reckon they're going to try and sell these for probably about the same price as a Gibson LP Studio/SG Special/Epi Elitist would be. They know they can't charge Gibson LP Standard prices for one since it's not well known enough, but I bet they're going to try and charge as much as they can possibly get away with for one.

And the sad thing is even with my extra import charges, no matter how much they shaft us on price I'm still going to be buying on on launch day.
Quote by MrFlibble
Last time they had a list price of $1100 but they were actually sold at $800 to start with, then went up to about $1200 at the very end of their run once MusicYo realised people were willing to sell their legs to have one.

Obviously I have no way of knowing, but as a guess I would reckon they're going to try and sell these for probably about the same price as a Gibson LP Studio/SG Special/Epi Elitist would be. They know they can't charge Gibson LP Standard prices for one since it's not well known enough, but I bet they're going to try and charge as much as they can possibly get away with for one.

And the sad thing is even with my extra import charges, no matter how much they shaft us on price I'm still going to be buying on on launch day.

I suppose that takes an American strat off my GAS list then...

Yeah, these aren't going to be cheap. Low supply, comparatively high demand and Kramer's owned by Gibson so you know they're not going to sell it at any less than the maximum they can get away with.

The thing is, so long as the quality is still as good as it was the last time they made them, it'll still be a bargain.
The Discipline is a little shaky.

But the Assault looks nice. Same with the Striker and Pariah.

I hope they aren't too much money... meh...
Quote by gregs1020
Gah... "1984" and "reissue" should not be in the same sentence...

im now officially ancient...

You could have a 2008 reissue. It doesn't mean it's old, it just means that it was discontinued for a period of time, and they're remaking them to the same specs.
Well most of them are made in China and Indonesia, so a lot of them will remain very cheap, they were a little cheaper than most Epiphone Standards last time. A few were made in Japan I believe, they cost a bit more and then there was the 84 reissue and Jersey Star reissue which were American made and were price at the low end of the normal Gibson prices.
^ Its in order alright but discontinued too bad if they took the '1984' mainstream and started selling it in big stores it would of done really well I think. Although it is off in a lot of ways from Ed's 5150 that its supposed to represent in terms of specs, its still a kick ass guitar in its own right.
Quote by DSOTM80
^ Its in order alright but discontinued
The point of this thread is to point out that all these guitars are back in production. At least, the images for the press release were newly uploaded, and why would they stick in pictures of older guitars they don't plan on making again? The Gibson page also has pages for the guitars, though they're not live on the main site yet, they've yet to put actual links up. Anyway the point is; they're discontinued for now, but they're all coming back.
Those Disciples are really ugly and they have too many Les Paul models IMO. Still though, some of those guitars are pretty bad ass.
The 2010's are in production, the USA Pacer's are in production...maybe the JS but not the 1984 that one is up in the air for now. That page has been up for a while, over a year at least that I know of. They just add new images/models and keep the old ones left on there, just like on their main site. Why? I have no idea. The Guitart Series for example were a small run sometimes only 6 were made and never will be again, and some are long discontinued.

The Surfer Dude guitar can be seen at the bottom of that link and it was never sold to the public. See what I'm saying? Those hard tail LP's for example (under the Classic Collections category) are about 4-5 years old now and have long been out of production though when they were made they were popular.