View poll results: Which amp?
Fender Rumble 60
1 5%
Orange Crush 35B
18 86%
Other (state in thread)
2 10%
Voters: 21.
In short, I want to be able to record stuff on my own with my computer, so I want to get a new amp, but I already have Cakewalk Sonar 7 and I can get another cable easily, so I just wanted a bit of input on which amp would be better suited.

My current amp is a Fender Rumble 15, which works fine for what I need it to do, which is just a practice amp.

The 2 tentative ideas I had were the Fender Rumble 60...
http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Rumble-60-Bass-Combo-Amp?sku=480720

And the Orange Crush 35B.
http://www.orangeamps.com/products.asp?Action=View&ID=96

Thoughts? I'm open to trying other amps, but they must have a line out function.
the Acoustic is the best of the 2.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Out of your two choices, there's really no comparison. The rumble is meh; the Orange is outstanding and punchy and built like a brick.
Quote by the humanity
the Acoustic is the best of the 2.

Surprised you remember that PM, sorry I never returned it on that note.

Also, I seem to have posted the thread twice by accident, would someone mind deleting the one without the poll?
Quote by Steve08
Surprised you remember that PM, sorry I never returned it on that note.

Also, I seem to have posted the thread twice by accident, would someone mind deleting the one without the poll?

PM?
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard

Done on the delete.

When looking for amps--(and I am gathering this is going to be a practice amp by the general wattage), are you looking for transparent or something that is going to colour your tone. I personally don't like acoustics because they are extremely transparent (and I can't stand walking into a GC). The Orange is more old school tone and punchy, which I personally love.
Quote by the humanity
PM?

I sent one a while ago (in June, maybe?) regarding the AB50's inputs, so I assumed it was related to that.

(would that be a good other option to consider?)

Edit: I personally prefer colouring.

Also, my father has a stereo amp that he mentioned but I haven't looked at yet, would this also work?
Last edited by Steve08 at Aug 1, 2009,
Quote by Steve08
I sent one a while ago (in June, maybe?) regarding the AB50's inputs, so I assumed it was related to that.

(would that be a good other option to consider?)

it would be a great option. if you are going to be with a band, I'd pull for around 200 watts, at least the b100, but the b200 would be better.

Ashdown is also nice for the budget. more old school sounding however. I personally love some transparency.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

Nah, not going to be with a band, just me and my bass guitar.

I've heard good things about Ashdown but they aren't in any of the 3 stores within my "territory", I know that there was a Crush 35B at one, a Rumble at the other and a significant amount of Acoustics at each.
Quote by anarkee
Done on the delete.

When looking for amps--(and I am gathering this is going to be a practice amp by the general wattage), are you looking for transparent or something that is going to colour your tone. I personally don't like acoustics because they are extremely transparent (and I can't stand walking into a GC). The Orange is more old school tone and punchy, which I personally love.

nothing to poison/mud-up the sound of my delays!

uhh

Yeah, I don't like walking into GC either, especially when I've walked into a SA and realized that my life was a gigantic lie...

Can't say too much as to which I'd get because I haven't used either.
I sure do like those new Acoustic amps though.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
well try everything. when I was starting I got into Ampeg...

then I actually played one...

oh dear.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

They have a giant Ampeg head + cabinet at one of those stores. I'll get that!

Kidding.

I'll keep these in mind, I'll go to the store with the Orange and a bunch of Acoustics today. Thanks guys.
Quote by Steve08
They have a giant Ampeg head + cabinet at one of those stores. I'll get that!

Kidding.

I'll keep these in mind, I'll go to the store with the Orange and a bunch of Acoustics today. Thanks guys.

well, don't get me wrong- Ampeg is perfect for some people. but it is about as transparent as Freddie Mercury at a KKK convention. and I like my transparency.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

Orange sucks at the low end.
My five string sounded awful on it.
The e and b-string were distorted by it
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
Orange sucks at the low end.
My five string sounded awful on it.
The e and b-string were distorted by it

I've found that anything less than 150w with at least 2 speakers can't handle the e string well and they usually have limiters which completely silence the b string
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Quote by gilly_90
I've found that anything less than 150w with at least 2 speakers can't handle the e string well and they usually have limiters which completely silence the b string

A coup,e of 5" drivers can produce a lovely low B you know, and wattage isnt everything.

I had the Rumble 100, and it did the job, i used it at band practise, and a couple of town hall sized gigs and then was it. I did what it did and nothing more. I left the tone completly flat on it and used my bass's eq.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by fatgoogle
A coup,e of 5" drivers can produce a lovely low B you know, and wattage isnt everything.

I had the Rumble 100, and it did the job, i used it at band practise, and a couple of town hall sized gigs and then was it. I did what it did and nothing more. I left the tone completly flat on it and used my bass's eq.

Fair enough. I'd like to find one that sounded good, but as yet...
Quote by UraniYum

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

That actually sounded nice.
Thanks
Quote by UraniYum

Quote by Cb4rabid

Last edited by gilly_90 at Aug 2, 2009,
Quote by fatgoogle

same here. I have the 100w Rumble and it handles small gigs and practice just fine. Not the best amp but not the worst. I like to think of it as extra medium.
no sig for joo
Quote by Deliriumbassist
5" speakers? I assume it's a PJB amp then?

Why yes good sir.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul